|Sharat Saxena Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1950|
Sharat Saxena is an Indian actor who has been cast in a number of Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, and Tamil films, including Bhagam Bhag, Mr. India, Baghban, Phir Hera Pheri, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Ready, Bodyguard, Ghulam, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, Fanaa, Singham Returns, Josh, Ajnabee, Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!, Dabangg 3, Agneepath, Hasee Toh Phasee, Khiladi, Tridev, Krrish, Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Kaala Patthar, Mumbai Xpress, Ghayal, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge, Jeevante Jeevan, Ek Hi Raasta, Viruddh, Soldier, Pyaar Ke Side Effects, Agni Nilavu, De Dana Dan, Bullett Raja, Kilukkam, Thugs Of Hindostan, Race 3, Bepanaah, Duplicate, Deewana Tere Naam Ka, Mutha Mestri, Shahenshah, Gupt: The Hidden Truth, Thakshashila, Kilukkam Kilukilukkam, Money Money, C. I. D. Moosa, Nirnayam, Bangaru Bullodu, Thenmavin Kombath, Gharana Mogudu, S. P. Parasuram, Okkadu Chaalu, Sudhandhiram, and Mugguru Monagallu.
Satna, Vindhya Pradesh, India (later in Madhya Pradesh, India)
Madh Island, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sharat Saxena studied at St. Joseph’s Convent School, Bhopal, and Christ Church Boys’ Senior Secondary School, Jabalpur. Afterward, he enrolled at Jabalpur Engineering College and pursued a degree in Engineering in Electronics & Telecommunication.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sharat Saxena has dated –
- Shobha Saxena – Sharat Saxena is married to Shobha Saxena and the duo parents 2 children – a daughter named Veera Saxena (b. April 21, 1990) and a son named Vishal Saxena.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Sports a mustache
- Has frequently been cast in supporting roles of a father, uncle, or comic villains
Sharat Saxena Facts
- He moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra in 1972.
- He made his first film appearance in the 1974 Bollywood thriller film Benaam, a remake of the 1956 American suspense thriller film The Man Who Knew Too Much.
- Sharat Saxena appeared as Daga in the 1987 Hindi-language superhero film Mr. India, starring Anil Kapoor, Sridevi, and Amrish Puri.
- From 1988 to 1989, he portrayed the character of Kichaka (the army general of Matsya) in the Hindi-language epic television series Mahabharat.
- He brought to life the character of Raunak “Ronnie” Singh in the 1998 Hindi-language action film Ghulam, starring Aamir Khan and Rani Mukerji. This role got Saxena nominated in the “Best Villain” category at the 44th Filmfare Awards.
- Alongside Akshay Kumar, Govinda, Paresh Rawal, Lara Dutta, Rajpal Yadav, Jackie Shroff, Arbaaz Khan, Shakti Kapoor, Gurleen Chopra, and others, Sharat Saxena co-starred as Fredrick in the 2006 Hindi-language comedy thriller film Bhagam Bhag.
- He co-starred as Avtar Singh in the 2010 sports comedy film Kushti.
- He was seen as Suraj Chaudhary in the 2011 Hindi-language action comedy film Ready, the official remake of the 2008 Telugu film of the same name.
- Along with Kavin Dave and Sanjay Mishra, he starred as a professional hitman named Mangal Singh in the 2012 Bollywood black comedy film Bumboo.
- Sharat Saxena was cast as Commissioner Satwinder Singh in the 2019 Hindi-language action comedy film Dabangg 3, the 3rd installment of the Dabangg franchise.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0