|Gurleen Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gurleen Chopra is a well-known Indian model turned actress who came to prominence with her role as Dil in Indian Babu in 2003. After that, she was cast in more than a dozen Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada films. Some of her most notable character portrayals are as Sravani in Aayudham (2003), Shagan in Hashar: A Love Story (2008), Jasmine in Kirpaan: The Sword of Honour (2014), Jazz in Sirphire (2012), and as Pinki in Shinma (2015). The stunningly beautiful Gurleen had been a model before becoming an actress. She had also won the “Miss Chandigarh” beauty pageant in the past. Going from a popular city girl to becoming a star, Gurleen also amassed a huge fan base on social media with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Gurlen Siingh Chopraa
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Father – Harjit Singh Chopra
- Mother – Anup Chopra
- Siblings – Paramveer Chopra (Brother)
Gurleen is represented by Rima Mishra of Media Tribe.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall physique
- Raised eyebrows
Through her social media, Gurleen has either endorsed or promoted many brands such as –
- Noor Arora
- Red Stone Villa
- Kala Emporium
- Forever 21
Best Known For
- Starring in several Punjabi films such as Hashar: A Love Story (2008), Kabaddi Ikk Mohabbat (2010), Ajj De Ranjhe (2012), Sirphire (2012), Kirpaan: The Sword of Honour (2014), and Aa Gaye Munde U.K. De (2014)
- Being cast in many popular Hindi films like Indian Babu (2003), Bhagam Bhag (2006), International Hero (2015), and Game Over (2017)
- Her important portrayal in several South Indian films such as Aayudham (2003), Oka Pellam Muddu Rendo Pellam Vaddu (2004), Nenu Saitham (2004), Vishnu Sena (2005), Manmatha (2007), Thullal (2007), and Naane Ennul Illai (2010)
- Being crowned as “Miss Chandigarh” when she was quite young
Gurleen made her Hindi debut theatrical film appearance as Dil in Indian Babu in 2003.
Gurleen made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Sravani in Aayudham in 2003.
She made her first Punjabi theatrical film appearance as Preet in Baghi in 2006.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as Sruthika in Thullal in 2007.
She does go to the gym, where she focuses on maintaining a lean and well-toned physique.
Gurleen Chopra Facts
- She was raised in Chandigarh. Later, she moved to Mumbai to try out acting as a profession and the rest is history.
- Initially, her parents had opposed her decision to become an actress. However, after a good amount of hours spent convincing them, they finally agreed to let her pursue acting as director Lawrence D`Souza had directed her debut film.
- A few of Gurleen’s close friends had suggested she try modeling. Heeding their advice, she took it up.
- In the past, she had won a “Miss Chandigarh” beauty pageant.
- She was 14 years old when she made her debut theatrical film appearance alongside actors Jaz Pandher, Johnny Lever, Alok Nath, and Mukesh Rishi in Indian Babu (2003). The same year, she also made her debut Tamil film appearance in Aayudham (2003).
- In March 2019, Gurlen changed her from “Gurlen Siingh Chopraa” to “Gurlen Chopra”. In an interview, she had stated that her numerologist Sanjay B Jumaani had aided her in the process.
- Follow her on Instagram and Facebook.
Featured Image By Gurlen Chopra / Instagram