|Farah Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1965|
Farah Khan is an Indian film director, film producer, choreographer, actress, and TV personality who is most well known for her work as a choreographer in numerous Hindi language films. Her popular dance routines for songs in Bollywood movies have earned her several Filmfare Awards for “Best Choreography” as well as the coveted National Film Award for ‘Best Choreography’ for her work on the song Idhar Chala Main Udhar Chala from the 2003 film Koi… Mil Gaya. Farah has also directed a few Bollywood films that were commercially successful and has judged and/or hosted various dance and singing-based reality TV shows including the first 2 seasons of Indian Idol.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Farah had studied sociology at the St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Film Director/Producer, Choreographer, Actress, Dancer, TV Personality
- Father – Kamran Khan (Stuntman, Filmmaker)
- Mother – Menaka Irani
- Siblings – Sajid Khan (Younger Brother) (Filmmaker, Scriptwriter, Talk Show Host, TV Presenter, Actor)
- Others – Geetanjali Kunder (Mother-in-Law), Honey Irani (Maternal Aunt) (Actress, Screenwriter), Javed Akhtar (Ex-Maternal Uncle) (Lyricist, Poet, Screenwriter, Political Activist), Daisy Irani (Maternal Aunt) (Actress), K.K. Shukla (Maternal Uncle, Deceased) (Screenwriter), Farhan Akhtar (First Cousin) (Film Director, Screenwriter, Actor, Playback Singer, Producer, Television Host), Zoya Akhtar (First Cousin) (Film Director, Screenwriter), Sarosh Irani (Maternal Uncle), Mona Rajput (Maternal Aunt)
She is represented by The Artists Planet, Booking Agency, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Farah has dated –
- Akashdeep Saigal – Farah was in a relationship with TV actor and model Akashdeep Saigal for about 2 years and the pair even got engaged. However, they parted ways before getting married.
- Shirish Kunder (2004–Present) – Farah got married to Indian film editor and filmmaker Shirish Kunder on December 9, 2004. He was the editor of Farah’s directorial debut titled Main Hoon Na (2004) and they have since collaborated on movies such as Jaan-E-Mann (2006), Om Shanti Om (2007), and Tees Maar Khan (2010). In 2008, she gave birth to triplets – a son named Czar Kunder and 2 daughters named Diva Kunder and Anya Kunder. The couple even started a production house named Three’s Company in honor of their triplets.
Race / Ethnicity
Farah has been featured in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- IPL (2013 Season’s promotional song)
- Stocky frame
- Affable smile
- Neck-length, straight hair with curls at the end
- Gleaming face
Farah Khan Favorite Things
- Role Model – Michael Jackson
- Restaurants – Koko Asian Gastropub (Mumbai), The Bohri Kitchen (Mumbai), RongTiam Thai Restaurant (Dubai)
- Dish – Yakhni Pulao
- Social Media App – Instagram
Farah Khan Facts
- Farah’s parents parted ways when she was very young. Her father was quite affluent but he ran into losses after his film ventures started to flop. Financial difficulties along with the differences in religion as Farah’s father was a Muslim and her mother was a Zoroastrian, were the major reasons for the split between her parents. Consequently, Farah saw very little of her father when she was growing up.
- While at college, she watched Michael Jackson’s song Thriller for the first time and was so inspired by it that she decided to pursue a career in the art form. Even though she had never danced before this, she began learning on her own and soon formed a dance group.
- Farah’s breakthrough in the Hindi film industry came when ace choreographer Saroj Khan dropped out of the film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992) and she was chosen to serve as the choreographer for the film’s songs.
- For her work in the 2002 Bollywood-themed musical titled Bombay Dreams, she was nominated in 2004, along with her collaborator Anthony van Laast, in the category of ‘Best Choreographer’ at the prestigious Tony Awards.
- Her directorial debut, Main Hoon Na (2004), earned her a Filmfare nomination for the ‘Best Director’ award which made her only the 2nd female director to be nominated for that award.
- Her 2nd film as a director, Om Shanti Om (2007), was a box-office blockbuster and at that time had become the highest-grossing Hindi language film of all time.
- Farah had trained Colombian pop icon, Shakira, for her performance at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards where she danced to a Bollywood version of her famous song titled Hips Don’t Lie.
- In September 2021, it was revealed that Farah had been tested positive for COVID-19 while being fully vaccinated.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0