|Cathy Moriarty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1960|
Cathy Moriarty is an American actress, singer, and voiceover artist who is best known for portraying the character of Vickie LaMotta in the Robert De Niro starring biographical sports drama film, Raging Bull, in 1980. Apart from that, she has also appeared in a number of other acting projects like Bless This House, Law & Order, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, Tales from the Crypt, and Dream with the Fishes.
The Bronx Blonde
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Actress, Singer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John Moriarty (A warehouse worker)
- Mother – Catherine Moriarty (A homemaker)
- Siblings – Tommy (Brother), Mary (Sister)
Cathy Moriarty is represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cathy Moriarty has dated –
- Carmine D’Anna (1981-1992) – She married theatrical manager Carmine D’Anna in the year 1981 and the couple settled in a home in Malibu, California. However, after being together for a significant amount of time, they decided to part ways and reports of their divorce emerged on April 2, 1992. Also, Carmine D’Anna sought $1 million under California’s community property laws.
- Richard Palmer (1993-1997) – Between the years 1993 and 1997, Cathy Moriarty was in a relationship with the entrepreneur and the founder of the company D3O Lab, Richard Palmer.
- Joseph Gentile (1999-Present) – Cathy tied the knot with financier Joseph Gentile on August 28, 1999, on Long Island and during the course of their marriage, they have been blessed with 3 children – twins named Catherine Patricia and Joseph John (b. September 11, 2000) and their 3rd child named Annabella Rose (b. November 15, 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
Cathy Moriarty is of Irish descent.
- Often portrays tough, acerbic women
- Smoky voice
Cathy Moriarty Favorite Things
- Film – Born Yesterday
- The Film That She Has Acted In – Soapdish
Source – IMDb
Cathy Moriarty Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Yonkers, New York.
- In 1980, Cathy Moriarty made her theatrical film debut as Vickie LaMotta in the popular film, Raging Bull. For this role, she was nominated for an Academy Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category and a Golden Globe Award in the “New Star of the Year – Actress” category.
- She made her first TV show appearance as Denise in an episode titled The Reunion of the mystery crime drama series, Wiseguy, in November 1989.
- She was cast as Alison Peters in the horror TV show, Tales from the Crypt, in 1992 and this role won her a CableACE Award for “Best Actress in a Dramatic Series” in 1993.
- As a voice artist, Cathy Moriarty has worked on projects like The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space, Jumanji, Stories from My Childhood, Recess, Hey Arnold!, and Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp’s Adventure.
- She once said, “The truth is, ever since I was little, I’ve wanted to be an actor more than I ever wanted to be a movie star.”
Featured Image by Cathy Moriarty / Instagram