|Rajit Kapur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rajit Kapur is an Indian actor, theatre artist, director, writer, and producer who is known for his roles like playing Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in the film The Making of the Mahatma, Unni in the Malayalam-language spiritual film Agnisakshi, Byomkesh Bakshi in the fictional detective television series Byomkesh Bakshi, Jawaharlal Nehru in the biographical series Rocket Boys, and Debu in the drama film Do Paise Ki Dhoop, Chaar Aane Ki Baarish. In addition to that, Rajit Kapur’s film credits also include Uri: The Surgical Strike, Guzaarish, Singh Saab the Great, Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda, Welcome to Sajjanpur, Bypass Road, Kick, Ki & Ka, Charachar, Mammo, Limited Manuski, Sardari Begum, Samar, Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara, Train to Pakistan, Ghulam, Hari-Bhari, Censor, Well Done Abba, Mishawr Rawhoshyo, Dattak, Zubeidaa, Zindagi Khoobsoorat Hai, Nishad, Ek Alag Mausam, Rok Sako To Rok Lo, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero, Deadline: Sirf 24 Ghante, Yeh Mera India, Blue Oranges, Morning Walk, Baar Baar Dekho, and Begum Jaan.
Amritsar, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rajit Kapur studied at Sydenham College in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Director, Writer, Producer
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Rajit Kapur Facts
- For his performance in the 1996 film The Making of the Mahatma, he received the National Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- Rajit Kapur co-starred as Unni in the 1999 Malayalam-language spiritual film Agnisakshi and this role won him the Kerala State Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- In 2009, he played a not-so-successful lyricist named Debu in the drama film Do Paise Ki Dhoop, Chaar Aane Ki Baarish. For this, he won the Award for Best Actor at the Imagine India Film Festival in Spain.
- Alongside Sachin Khedekar, Dalip Tahilramani, Suzanne Bernert, Divya Dutta, Tom Alter, Neeraj Kabi, and Rahul Singh, Rajit Kapur co-starred portraying the character of Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer (an Indian lawyer and member of the Constituent Assembly of India, which was responsible for framing the Constitution of India) in the 10-part television mini-series Samvidhaan in 2014.
- He was seen as Dr. Jayant Verma in the 2014 Hindi-language action comedy film Kick, an official remake of the 2009 Telugu film of the same name. It stars Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Mithun Chakraborty. Kick became one of the biggest blockbusters of 2014 and the 22nd highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- Rajit Kapur has been a part of many plays which include Love Letters, Me Kash and Cruise, Class of ’84, Are There Tigers in the Congo?, A Walk In The Woods, Six Degrees of Separation, Pune Highway, One on One Part 2, Larins Sahib, Mr. Behram, The Siddhus of Upper Juhu, and Flowers.
- In 2018, he brought to life the character of Hidayat Khan (an Indian freedom fighter and agent posing as an informant for the Indian government against the Pakistani government) in the Hindi-language spy action thriller film Raazi. Rajit Kapur co-starred in the film alongside Alia Bhatt, Vicky Kaushal, Jaideep Ahlawat, Shishir Sharma, Soni Razdan, Amruta Khanvilkar, and Arif Zakaria.
- Rajit Kapur was cast as Prime Minister of India (a character based on Narendra Modi) in the 2019 Hindi-language military action film Uri: The Surgical Strike, starring Vicky Kaushal, Yami Gautam, Mohit Raina, Kirti Kulhari, and Paresh Rawal. The film became the 29th highest-grossing Indian film ever made.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0