|Dalip Tahil Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1952|
Dalip Tahil is an Indian actor who is celebrated for his extensive filmography that includes popular films like Baazigar (1993), Raja (1995), Ankur: The Seedling (1974), Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke (1993), Arth (1982), Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013), Rock On!! (2008), Ra.One (2011), Partner (2007), Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001), Shaan (1980), Tridev (1989), Race (2008), etc. On the television front, he is best remembered for starring as Kulbhushan in DD National’s soap opera, Buniyaad (1986-1987) and as Dan Ferreira in the British soap opera, EastEnders (2003).
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Tahil was a student at Sherwood College located in Nainital. Moreover, he studied at the Aligarh Muslim University for 1 year, before transferring to and graduating from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai.
- Father – Ghansham Jethanand Tahilramani (Officer in the Indian Air Force)
- Siblings – He has 1 sister.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dalip Tahil has dated –
- Amrita Tahil – The Family Man (2019-2021) actor is married to a businesswoman named Amrita Tahil. The couple is parents to a son named Dhruv Tahilramani and a daughter named Sabah Tahilramani.
Race / Ethnicity
However, his hair has turned mostly ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
Dalip has endorsed brands such as –
- Bombay Dyeing
- Parry’s Milk Chocolate
- HMT Watches
- JN Paint
- VIP Frenchie
Dalip Tahil Facts
- After completing his college education, he joined the Theatre Group Bombay and was mentored by prominent theater personalities, Alyque Padamsee and Pearl Padamsee.
- Dalip was introduced to international audiences through his role as Madan Kumar in the West End production of the musical, Bombay Dreams at the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London. He performed in more than 500 shows that lasted from June 2002 until June 2004.
- He celebrates his birthday on the same day as notable Hollywood personalities like Ivanka Trump, Matthew Morrison, Henry Winkler, Harry Hamlin, Kevin Pollak, Janel Parrish, among others.
- Dalip was arrested by the Khar police in September 2018 for driving under the influence and ramming his car into an autorickshaw which led to the passengers in the rick getting injured. However, he was later released on bail.
- While studying in college, he held the distinction of being awarded the Kendall Cup for ‘Best Actor’ consecutively for 3 years. He won the first one for his role as Joseph in the play My Three Angels, while his second win came for his portrayal as Macbeth in William Shakespeare’s Macbeth and the third time, he won for an unknown play.
- Dalip has acted in over 200 films starting from his debut in Ankur: The Seedling (1974) until 2023.
- He dubbed for the character of Ego in the Hindi version of the live-action film, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). The character of Ego was voiced by Kurt Russell in the original film.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0