|Janel Parrish Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1988|
Janel Parrish is an American actor, singer, songwriter, stage artist, voice actor, model, and producer. She is known for playing Mona Vanderwaal in the teen drama mystery thriller series Pretty Little Liars as well as in Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists, Jade in the comedy film Bratz, May in the superhero drama series Heroes, and Margot Covey in the films To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You, and To All the Boys: Always and Forever. Moreover, her stage credits include having been cast in productions of To Kill a Mockingbird, Les Misérables, A Walk to Remember: The Musical, and Grease.
Janel Meilani Parrish
Oahu, Hawaii, United States
Parrish attended Moanalua Elementary School and Moanalua High School in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi. Later on, she was homeschooled.
Actor, Model, Singer, Songwriter, Voice Actor, Producer, Stage Artist
- Father – Mark Parrish (Bodybuilder)
- Mother – Joanne (née Mew) (Bodybuilder, Worked for a Honolulu health club)
- Siblings – Melissa Parrish (Older Sister) (Has served as an officer in the U.S. Army)
- Others – Jack Taylor Parrish (Paternal Grandfather), Loretta Maxine (Paternal Grandmother)
Janel Parrish has been repped by Rough Diamond Management, Llc., Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Pop, electro-pop, bubblegum pop
Her net worth had been $700 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janel Parrish has dated –
- Brant Daugherty (2010-2013) – From February 2010 to March 2013, actors Janel and Brant Daugherty dated each other.
- Payson Lewis (2013-2014) – In October 2013, Parrish started dating Payson Lewis after meeting him on Broadway. They were an item for a complete year and she left him in October 2014 to date her Dancing with the Stars partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy.
- Val Chmerkovskiy (2014) – Janel competed in the 19th season of Dancing with the Stars and was paired with Ukrainian pro dancer, Val Chmerkovskiy. During her time on the show, she dated him. The relationship started on October 6, 2014, and went on until December 3, 2014. By the way, the pair finished third in the show.
- Justin Altamura – American band The Iron Heart‘s bassist Justin Altamura and Janel Parrish were working on music together and gradually, in May 2015, they started dating each other. However, the duo later parted ways.
- Chris Long (2016-Present) – In September 2016, she started going out with chemical engineer Chris Long and they got engaged on October 23, 2017. On September 8, 2018, they married at Kualoa Ranch, Oahu, Hawaii. Tragically, her father-in-law was killed by a drunk driver 2 weeks before the wedding and in 2019, Parrish recalled to ET, “We went to Hawaii and we had the most beautiful day, and during our vows, when Chris started talking about his dad, the sky opened up and it just started pouring rain on us. It was such a beautiful, I mean I don’t think anybody was dry eyed, like everybody cried because it was such a beautiful moment.”
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Han Chinese descent on her mother’s side and has Irish, English, and German ancestry on her father’s side.
Honey brown eyes
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Her shoe size is speculated to be 6.5 (US).
Best Known For
Playing the role as Mona Vanderwaalon ABC Family series Pretty Little Liars since 2010.
She debuted in music with her electro-pop song “Rainy Day” for the 2007 movie Bratz: The Movie. She also wrote the song herself.
She debuted via the 1999 movie Too Rich: The Secret Life of Doris Duke. The movie is a 4 part mini-series in which Janel’s role is uncredited.
First TV Show
In 1999 again, she guest appeared in the American action drama series, Baywatch for her role as Hina in its 10th season for their very first two episodes.
Her family members – mom and dad, were bodybuilders. Hence, she goes to the gym and trains herself there. Apart from gym training sessions, she likes to go hiking. Janel is also a fan of Cardio Barre classes.
Janel Parrish Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Soap & Glory Glow Solution, Nars Blush in Orgasm, Rosebud Perfume Co. Lip Balm, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon
Source – AlloyEntertainment.com
Janel Parrish Facts
- She started playing piano at the age of 6.
- She is good friends with Pretty Little Liars co-stars Ashley Benson, Brant Daugherty, and Lucy Hale. Parrish is also close friends with Skyler Shaye, Bratz: The Movie co-star.
- Janel first came into prominence when she won the local talent competitions in Hawaii.
- She is a songwriter too and had been on Broadway.
- Due to her mixed ethnicity, she is called Happa in Hawaii. Happa is a term to describe a half Asian person.