|Matthew Morrison Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1978|
Matthew Morrison is an American actor, dancer, singer, songwriter, voiceover artist, theatre actor, and producer who has starred in several Broadway and Off-Broadway productions and is also known for playing Will Schuester on Fox television show Glee from 2009 to 2015. His other acting credits include playing Trevor Kirchner in American Horror Story: 1984, Zach Andrews in Crazy Alien, Connor Fox in The Good Wife, Adam Munson in As the World Turns, Ray in Music and Lyrics, Chance Slaughter in Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Paul Stadler in Grey’s Anatomy, and Evan Webber in What to Expect When You’re Expecting. In addition to that, Morrison has also released albums, EPs, and tracks like It Don’t Mean a Thing, A Classic Christmas, Where It All Began, Matthew Morrison, and Summer Rain.
Matthew James Morrison
Matt, Matty Fresh
Fort Ord, California, United States
New York, United States
While he was at the Los Alamitos High School campus in California, the actor was a part of Collaborative Arts Project 21 (CAP21) and the Orange County High School of the Arts.
Matthew dropped out of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts after two years for Broadway.
Actor, Dancer, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist, Producer
- Father – Tom Morrison (Midwife)
- Mother – Mary Morrison (Nurse)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Ocie Roy Fraser (Maternal Grandfather), Ethel Lucille Darling (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with Podwall Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
Pop, jazz, soul, pop standards
Mercury, 222 Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Morrison dated –
- Kristen Bell (1995-1996) – Matthew Morrison dated American actress and singer Kristen Bell for a brief period until 1996.
- Chrishell Stause (2004-2007) – The actor met actress Chrishell Stause in 2004 and the couple dated for two years before getting engaged on December 9, 2006. They broke off their engagement in September 2007.
- Lea Michele (2007) – Matthew was in a relationship with actress Lea Michele for a short while in 2007.
- Kelly Brook (2010) – In 2010, he met English model and actress Kelly Brook at Elton John’s Oscar party. They dated for a few months before calling it quits.
- Olivia Munn (2011) – Matthew was in a relationship with actress and model Olivia Munn in 2011.
- Renee Puente (2011-Present) – The actor started dating actress Renee Puente in 2011 after meeting her at a Grammy party. Elton John helped the actor in announcing his engagement in public on June 27, 2013. The couple got married on Maui island on October 18, 2014. They have a child together, a son named Revel James Makai who was born in October 2017. In April 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together after many miscarriages. On June 28, 2021, the couple welcomed a daughter Phoenix Monroe Morrison together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish, English, German, and Austrian descent.
- Curly Hair
- His smile
Best Known For
- Some of his notable movies include Marci X (2003), Music and Lyrics (2007), and Underdogs (2015).
- In Television, Morrison is best-known for playing the character of Will Schuester in the Fox series Glee (2009-2015). This role won him the 2009 Satellite Award for “Best Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical” while he also received a Golden Globe Award nomination in the “Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical” in 2009.
His first movie was Simply Funk with Suzanne (1999) as himself.
As a voiceover artist, he made his film debut by providing vocals to the character of Jake, a timid boy and the best foosball player around, in the 2013 Argentine 3D computer-animated comedy film, Underdogs.
First TV Show
In 1999, Matt made his debut on television with HBO’s rom-com Sex and The City in which he played the role of a Young Busboy in 1 episode.
In January 2011, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor by providing vocals to the character of Will Schuester in an episode titled How Do You Solve a Problem Like Roberta? of the adult animated sitcom, The Cleveland Show.
First Broadway Appearance
His first career break came with his debut on Broadway in the Footloose musical theater production in 1998.
As a Singer
On January 14, 2010, Matthew and Mercury Records entered into a solo record deal. He released his first album titled Matthew Morrison on May 10, 2011. He also sang duets with Elton John. Summer Rain was his first single and it was premiered on February 2, 2011. He also sang a duet with Gwyneth Paltrow titled Over the Rainbow.
His second album Where It All Began was released on June 4, 2013, by 222 Records.
According to an interview, he has an amazing body, all thanks to sweet potatoes. He ate only sweet potatoes, three days prior to a beach photoshoot for DETAILS magazine in late 2016.
Morrison stated that he wanted to show off his six-pack and the potato had a sponge-type effect on his body making it shrink and become tight.
Matthew Morrison Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
- Animal – Kangaroo
- Musical – Assassins
- Actor – James Dean, Kevin Kline
- Movies – The Goonies (1985), The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Pastime – Cooking
- Hobby – Woodworking
Matthew Morrison Facts
- Matthew was brought up in Orange County in California.
- The seeds of acting were sown when he was a child. He participated in a theater camp and decided to become an entertainer.
- During his high school days, he was into plays and musicals. Apart from that, he played soccer, was school president, and the prom king.
- He performed in a musical along with actress Jodie Sweetin during his high school days.
- During his college days, Morrison was into boxing and also competed in a few matches with his roommate.
- During his early years, Matthew was a member of the LMNT boy band but says that it was the worst phase of his life.
- He has been a member of 6 boy bands. But, 4 of them were fictional.
- Matthew is a Buena Park Youth theater member.
- The actor has an allergy to cats.
- In December 2006, he did a benefit performance hosted in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of The Kids In The Hall performing troupe in Costa Mesa, California. The collection was used for pre-professional training of young students of Grade 6-12 at The California Conservatory of the Arts in Orange County, California.
- For his audition for Glee, the actor learned to play the ukulele. He first played Somewhere over the Rainbow on the instrument in 2008 for Marissa Winokur’s newborn baby.
- The actor was on the June 2011 cover of MetroSource Magazine.
He made his UK debut on April 28, 2013, as a guest performer at the Laurence Olivier Awards held in London.
- His best friend is his Hairspray co-star Marissa Winokur.
- On July 7, 2016, Matthew made an appearance with Megan Hilty in Forest Hills, Queens on a summer evening of Broadway.
- In December 2020, he appeared in the musical Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch Musical on NBC and starred as The Grinch for which he had to spend three and a half hours just to wear the costume and prosthetic makeup. Also, it took an hour to remove.
- As a kid, he and his friends had annual passes to Disneyland. Together, the group of friends used to call themselves the Lost Boys.
- Matthew and his wife Renee started loving each other very quickly and within 3 months, they were living together with Renee living on a tour bus with Matthew.
- He has never ever broken a bone in his life until now.
- Previously, he started a lifestyle and clothing line for fathers called SherPapa.com. It is not functional right now.
- Matthew is the co-founder of the Museum of Dance in New York City which opened in the 2020s.
- Before going on stage, he prefers doing a headstand so that he is filled with energy.
- He is allergic to cats.
- Morrison’s childhood was very lonely and solitary.
- At 19, Matthew got cowboy spurs tattooed on his ankles in Detroit. He was on a tour with the Footloose team at that time.
- He meditates daily in the morning.
- At 4, he started skiing.
- He has a scar on his head which he got at the age of 11 after he hit the screw at the Californian theme park called Knott’s Berry Farm while doing a log ride.
- While in high school, he also used to serve as a singing busboy in an Italian restaurant.
- Matthew is very good at bowling. He averages nearly 200 points per game.
- Matthew’s dream role is to play John Wilkes Booth in the musical Assassins.
- A silver-colored 1984 Honda Civic was his first car. 3 months after that, he was involved in a car crash that damaged his car. Luckily, his car was restored back by his grandfather just by hammering it for nearly 100 hours.
- Morrison doesn’t like eating shellfish.
- Matthew is a superb sous-chef (one who works under the head chef in a commercial kitchen).
- Matthew has also worked under musician Don Ho as a backup singer in Hawaii. This was his first professional job as well.
- He gives a tough competition in the staring contest.