|Jaideep Ahlawat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1978|
Jaideep Ahlawat is an Indian actor who started his acting career in Bollywood by playing a guest role in the short film Narmeen in 2008. Since then, he has been cast in a variety of roles in movies such as Khatta Meetha, Gangs of Wasseypur, Raees, Raazi, Lust Stories, Aakrosh, Rockstar, Gabbar is Back, Chittagong, Khaali Peeli, Baaghi 3, Vishwaroopam, Vishwaroop, Vishwaroopam II, Vishwaroop II, Meeruthiya Gangsters, Commando: A One Man Army, Aatma, Journey of Bhangover, Tryst With Destiny, Bhawani Mandi Tesan, Bhaiaji Superhit, Hotel Milan, and Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar. Moreover, the actor has also gained critical acclaim with his role as Hathi Ram Chaudhary in the Hindi-language crime thriller web television series Paatal Lok.
Jai Kishan Ahlawat
Kharkara, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Jaideep Ahlawat received his high school education at Model School, Rohtak, a private secondary school in Rohtak, Haryana. He then graduated from Jat H. M. College.
Afterward, he received a Master of Arts degree in English from Maharshi Dayanand University in 2005. He also attended the Film and Television Institute of India and finished his acting training in 2008. One of his FTII Batchmates was Rajkummar Rao.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jaideep Ahlawat has dated –
- Jyoti Ahlawat – He is married to Jyoti Ahlawat.
Race / Ethnicity
Jaideep Ahlawat Facts
- He started doing theatre at a young age but his dream was to become an Indian Army officer. However, Jaideep failed to clear his SSB interviews multiple times and then decided to pursue a career in acting.
- He has done stage shows in Punjab and Haryana.
- He brought to life the character of Shahid Khan, the patriarch of the Khan family, in the critically-acclaimed 2012 Hindi-language 2-part crime film Gangs of Wasseypur.
- Alongside Kamal Haasan, Rahul Bose, Andrea Jeremiah, and others, Jaideep Ahlawat co-starred as Salim in the 2013 spy action thriller film Vishwaroopam.
- He was seen as Nawab in the 2017 Hindi-language action film Raees, starring Shah Rukh Khan in the titular role. The film became one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2017.
- Jaideep Ahlawat played Khalid Mir, a senior R&AW officer, in the 2018 Hindi-language spy thriller film Raazi, starring Alia Bhatt and Vicky Kaushal. It became one of the highest-grossing Indian films featuring a female protagonist.
- He was cast as Tanveer Shehzad in the Netflix spy thriller series Bard of Blood in 2019. His co-stars for the project included Emraan Hashmi, Kirti Kulhari, Vineet Kumar Singh, and Sobhita Dhulipala.
- In 2020, he started playing a policeman named Hathiram Chaudhary, a cynical cop who gets assigned to investigate a high-profile case, in the neo-noir crime thriller series Paatal Lok. For this performance, Jaideep Ahlawat won the 2020 Filmfare OTT Award for “Best Actor (Drama Series)”.
- For Paatal Lok season 1, he had charged INR 40 lakh whereas, for season 2, he reportedly charged INR 20 crore (a staggered 50 times increase).
Featured Image by Jaideep Ahlawat / Instagram