|Wes Bentley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1978|
Wes Bentley is a BAFTA Award nominee actor whose career shot to fame with the success of the movie American Beauty in 1999. He is also a familiar face as Blackheart in Ghost Rider (2007), Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games (2012), and Doyle in Interstellar (2014), working alongside the equally talented co-stars. Wes has also crafted the role of Edward Mordrake in American Horror Story: Freak Show to perfection. He is an inspiring actor who has also successfully overcome 8 years of drug addiction.
Wesley Cook Bentley
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Wes Bentley completed his high school education at Sylvan Hills High School in Sherwood, Arkansas in 1996. He later joined the Juilliard School in New York City and enrolled in the Drama Division. However, he left the course to pursue his acting career.
- Father – David Bentley (Minister)
- Mother – Cherie Bentley (Chaplain and Ordained Elder)
- Siblings –Jamey Bentley (Older Brother), Philip Bentley (Older Brother), Patrick Bentley (Younger Brother)
Wes Bentley is managed by –
- Scott Lambert, William Morris Agency, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Don Buchwald & Associates, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wes Bentley has dated –
- Jennifer Quanz (2001-2009) – In 2001, Wes married actress Jennifer Quanz. However, Wes’s partying and drug addiction got out of control and they separated in 2006 and Wes started living separately. He hid his addiction from his wife. In 2009, their divorce was confirmed.
- Jacqui Swedberg (2008-Present) – In 2008, Wes met producer Jacqui Swedberg. He said that he had found new hope after meeting Jacqui. He admitted his drug addiction to her and they sought help. Eventually, they got married in 2010 and have 2 beautiful children, son Charles Bentley (born in late 2010) and daughter Brooklyn Bentley (born in 2014). Wes has been sober since then and is living a wonderful married life.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Scottish, and English ancestry.
- Straight nose
- Often sports a beard
- Mischievous crooked smile
Wes Bentley has appeared in Lexus RC Coupe (2015) TV commercial.
He belongs to the Methodist denomination.
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in films as Ricky Fitts in American Beauty (1999), Jack Durrance in The Four Feathers (2002), Blackheart / Legion in Ghost Rider (2007), Thomas in P2 (2007), Evan in The Last Word (2008), Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games (2012), Doyle in Interstellar (2014), Jack in Pete’s Dragon (2016), Patrick in Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018)
- Appearing as different characters in the American Horror Story series from 2014 to 2016. He performed as Edward Mordrake in American Horror Story: Freak Show (2014-2015), then as Det. John Lowe in American Horror Story: Hotel (2015-2016), and as Ambrose White and Dylan in American Horror Story: Roanoke (2016)
- Winning several awards for his performance in the blockbuster film American Beauty (1999). In 1999, he received the award from ‘National Board of Review’ for Best Male Breakthrough Performance and ‘Chicago Film Critics Association Award’ for Most Promising Actor. For the same film in 2000, he received the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. He was also nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 1999.
In 1998, Wes made his theatrical film debut in a drama film Three Below Zero as Julian Flincher.
First TV Show
In 2007, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show Up Close with Carrie Keagan.
Wes Bentley Facts
- He grew up in Little Rock and Sherwood, Arkansas.
- Wes used to play drums while he was in junior high school.
- During his initial days in Los Angeles, he shared an accommodation with Brad Rowe and Chad Lindberg.
- He missed out on many important roles which later became popular such as Sonny in Monster’s Ball (2001) which was played by Heath Ledger, and the role of Danny Walker in Michael Bay’s Pearl Harbor (2001) played by Josh Hartnett.
- While filming Three Below Zero (1998), Wes used a skateboard as his means of transportation to the set, ignoring the director’s advice against it.
- He was discovered during an open audition for the film “Rent” which, however, was never made.
- He loves soccer.
- After the success of American Beauty (1999), Wes got overwhelmed with fame and started partying and doing drugs extensively for about 8 years during the 2000s.
- In 2008, he got arrested due to his addiction to drugs and was ordered to take up the 12-step program of recovery. However, it did not work out and Wes got back into his old habits.
- Again in July 2009, after confessing to a friend that he needed help, he entered the 12-step program and has managed to stay clean since then.
- He was further inspired to change and remain sober after an encounter with another person on the set of There Be Dragons (2011), who had managed to remain sober for 2 years.
- Wes’s life from sudden fame to addiction and his road to recovery was captured in the documentary My Big Break (2009).
- One of his major works during his initial phase of recovery was David Ives’ Off-Broadway play Venus in Fur (2010).
- He was the co-executive producer for the film The Tomb (2009) and an associate producer of The Ungodly (2007).
- In 2022, Wes broke his foot after he kicked a bear in the face while he was on a camping trip with his kids in Montana.
- Wes Bentley does have any social media account.
Featured Image by Wes Bentley Fan Page / Instagram