Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
After graduating from high school, Monica Gill got enrolled at the University of Massachusetts. She graduated from the university with a degree in psychology and biology. She has also done masters in women studies.
- Father – Malkit Gill
- Mother – Amarjit Gill
- Siblings – Sonika Gill (Younger Sister), Jasneil Gill (Younger Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Punjabi ancestry.
- Toned figure
- High cheekbones
Monica Gill hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial. However, she has done modeling work for a handful of brands early in her career.
Best Known For
- Being cast as the female lead in a couple of Punjabi movies such as Sardaarji 2 and Ambarsariya.
- Having played the role of Princess Shyamali in the comedy-drama movie, Firangi.
In 2016, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy thriller movie, Ambarsariya, which had Diljit Dosanjh in the lead role.
In 2017, Monica made her Bollywood debut as Princess Shyamali in Firangi.
First TV Show
Monica Gill has appeared in a number of TV shows including PTC Entertainment Show.
Monica Gill Favorite Things
- Dream Role – Draupadi in Mahabharata
- Song From Ambarsariya – Pagg Wala Munda
Source – Indian Express, Simply Bhangra
Monica Gill Facts
- She started modeling while she was studying in high school.
- While she was waiting for admission for further specialization in the university, she decided to take 6 months break and went to Mumbai for some modeling work.
- While she was doing modeling work in Mumbai, she was introduced to the producer of Ambarsariya. He was impressed with her looks and her Punjabi accent and decided to cast her in the movie.
- She got her role in the movie Sardaarji 2 on Diljit Dosanjh’s suggestion, who was impressed with her work in Ambarsariya.
- Before she got into acting and modeling, she used to work as a clinical affairs associate. She has also worked with a number of social organizations in New England.
- Monica participated in her first beauty pageant when she was a sophomore in high school. She was 15 years old at that time.
- In 2013, she became Miss India New England, which made her eligible for Miss India USA. She managed to win the beauty pageant in November 2013.
- In June 2014, she was crowned as the winner of Miss India Worldwide beauty pageant.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Monica Gill / Instagram