|James Milner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1986|
James Milner is an English professional soccer player who has represented top-flight English clubs such as Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Manchester City, and Liverpool FC. Renowned for his versatility, he has played in several positions for these teams as a midfielder, winger, or a full-back. With Newcastle United, he had won the UEFA Intertoto Cup in 2006. He had won the Premier League title in the 2011–12 and 2013–14 seasons, and the FA Cup in the 2010–11 season with Manchester City. With the club, he had also won the FA Community Shield in 2012 and the Football League Cup in the 2013–14 season. With Liverpool FC, he had won the Premier League title in the 2019–20 season, the UEFA Champions League in the 2018–19 season, the UEFA Super Cup in 2019, and the FIFA Club World Cup in 2019. At the international level, he had represented England at the Under-16, Under-17, Under-19, Under-20, and Under-21 tiers, finishing as a runner-up at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2009. At the senior tier, he had represented England at the FIFA World Cup in both 2010 and 2014, as well as the UEFA European Championships in both 2012 and 2016.
James Philip Milner
Mr. Consistency, The Mill
Wortley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Liverpool, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
James had attended the Westbrook Lane Primary School in Horsforth, Leeds, and the Horsforth School. He had then completed his studies at the Boston Spa School, a sports college in Boston Spa, Wetherby, West Yorkshire. He had graduated with 11 GCSEs and an award for his performance in physical education.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Peter Milner
- Mother – Lesley Milner
- 16, 15, 11, 17, 7, 4 – England
- 38 – Leeds United
- 16 – Swindon Town, Newcastle United
- 11, 8 – Aston Villa
- 7 – Manchester City, Liverpool FC
Midfielder, Winger, Full-Back
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James has dated –
- Amy Fletcher – James has been married to his long-term girlfriend Amy Fletcher and they have 2 children together – a daughter and a son.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant, Nike.
James Milner Facts
- He was a multi-dimensional and multi-skilled athlete during his school days. James had represented the Yorkshire Schools cricket team, been the cross-country champion at his school for 3 years in a row, and been the district champion in 100 meters sprint for 2 successive years.
- He was an ardent supporter of his hometown soccer club Leeds United from childhood and was a season ticket holder at the club.
- In 1996, aged 10, he had joined the Leeds Youth Academy. Progressing through the ranks, he had been promoted to the club’s first team in 2002, when he was just 16 years old. When he had scored his first goal in the Premier League, he had become the then youngest player to achieve the feat.
- Between 2004 and 2009, he had represented England 46 times at the Under-21 tier. This was the then-record for the most number of appearances for the country at the Under-21 age-group level.
Featured Image by James Milner / Instagram