|Haley Joel Osment Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1988|
Haley Joel Osment is an American actor, voiceover artist, and producer who made his theatrical film debut as Forrest Gump, Jr. in the 1994 critically-acclaimed comedy-drama film, Forrest Gump, and this role won him the Young Artist Award for “Best Performance by an Actor Under Ten in a Motion Picture”. Osment then shot to popularity with his portrayal of Cole Sear, a young unwilling medium, in the 1999 supernatural psychological thriller film, The Sixth Sense. His performance in the film earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actor”. The talented actor is also known for his work in shows and movies like A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Bogus, Pay It Forward, Secondhand Lions, The Hunchback of Notre Dame II, Goliath, and Alpha House.
Haley Joel Osment
Los Angeles, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Osment attended Flintridge Preparatory School in La Cañada Flintridge, California. He then got enrolled at the New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts, from where he graduated in 2011.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Michael Eugene Osment (Theater and Film Actor)
- Mother – Theresa (née Seifert) (Teacher)
- Sibling – Emily Osment (Younger Sister) (Actress, Singer, Songwriter)
- Others – Joseph Sloan Osment, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Leora Dinan (Paternal Grandmother), Gordon Eugene Seifert (Maternal Grandfather), Gertrude E. Mulvaney (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with Coast to Coast Talent Group, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Haley Joel Osment has dated –
- Mae Whitman (2002) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with actress and singer Mae Whitman in 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, German, Austrian, Scottish, and French descent.
- Short height
- Beautiful smile
He has been a part of TV commercials for Pizza Hut and TNT cable stations.
He was raised Roman Catholic.
Haley Joel Osment Favorite Things
- Authors – J.R.R. Tolkien, Edgar Allan Poe
- Pastime – Catching and releasing lizards in his backyard or on vacations
- Cuisine – Chinese
- Musicians – R.E.M., Coldplay, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Flying Lotus, Led Zeppelin
Source – IMDb
Haley Joel Osment Facts
- He was 4 years old when he started acting.
- According to his parents, he had a “good old-fashioned Southern upbringing”.
- His father once revealed that he avoided using baby talk when communicating with Osment when he was learning to speak.
- Growing up, he wrestled and played basketball, football, and golf.
- For his role in Steven Spielberg‘s A.I. Artificial Intelligence, he was Spielberg’s first and only choice and to portray the character, Osment avoided blinking his eyes and “programmed” himself with good posture.
- As a voiceover artist, Osment made his theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Beary Barrington in the musical road comedy-drama film, The Country Bears, in 2002.
- An avid golfer, he started playing when he was 7 years old and then went on to play for the U.S. team in the All-Star Cup 2005, under team leader Mark O’Meara. He has also participated in the Annual Michael Douglas & Friends Celebrity Golf Tournament.
- He was involved in an auto accident in 2006 and suffered a broken rib and fractured shoulder blade.
- In the aftermath of the accident, Osment pleaded no contest to driving under the influence of alcohol and misdemeanor drug possession and was sentenced to 3 years’ probation, 60 hours in an alcohol rehabilitation and education program, a fine of $1,500, and attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous.
- He can play the guitar and piano.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0