Kat, Katie-Mac, Kat McNamara, Katie Mac
Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, United States
From high school, Katherine graduated with honors at the age of 14.
By next three years, by the age of 17, Katherine earned her bachelor’s degree in business via an online program from Drexel University‘s LeBow School of Business.
Actress, singer-songwriter, dancer
- Father – Evan McNamara
- Mother – Ursula McNamara
She is signed to United Talent Agency.
Vocals, piano, guitar
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine McNamara dated –
- Joel Courtney (2011-2015) – In 2011, Katherine started dating actor Joel Courtney. They dated for almost 4 years before they separated in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-33 in or 89-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
She is an ambassador for Stomp Out Bullying.
Katherine has appeared in TV commercials on Mediacom Online, Belfonte Yogurt, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Clary Fray in the Freeform television series Shadowhunters.
She is also known for playing Myra Santelli in the 2012 comedy horror Disney Channel Original Movie Girl vs. Monster.
As a Singer
As a singer, she released a track titled “Chatter” from the 2013 comedy drama movie Contest.
Katherine first appeared in the 2007 film The Bride & the Groom for her role as a wedding guest. It was a short film.
First TV Show
In 2010, McNamara played the role as Jodanna in the horror-fantasy series R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour in an episode entitled “Worry Dolls.”
To prepare for her role as Sonya for the 2015 movie Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, she hit the gym almost daily. Most of the times, she was doing workout with the entire cast of the movie, which made her exercise session a lot easier. She did pull-ups, crunches, squats, to name a few. It was difficult for her, but she did it with the support from others.
You may also want to check out these YouTube videos, where she is working on her fitness to prepare for the role as Clary Fray for Shadowhunters.
Katherine McNamara Favorite Things
- Food – Giordano’s Pizza in Chicago
- TV Show – Pretty Little Liars, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, unREAL
- Movie – The Princess Bride (1987)
- Cartoon (While Growing Up) – Scooby-Doo
- Pastime – Baking
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookie Dough
- Disney Princesses – Mulan, Pocahontas
- Book – The Mortal Instruments (By Cassandra Clare)
- Flowers – Peonies, freesias
- Play – Tom Stoppard’s ARCADIA
- Author – Shakespeare, Tom Stoppard, Cassandra Clare
- Film Director – David O. Russell
- Color – Blue
- Emoji – ➰
- Weapon – Seraph Blade
- Band – Maroon 5
- Hair Product – Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream
Source – ShadowHuntersTV.com, StyleCaster.com
Katherine McNamara Facts
- McNamara is a member of Actors Equity Young Performers Committee.
- On the occasion of Father’s Day (in June 2014), she sent an autographed picture of herself to her fans, who answered correctly to a question asked on Twitter.
- When McNamara was 13, she started her acting career via the Broadway production of A Little Night Music.
- As a dancer, she takes interest in a variety of dance forms such as ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, hula, hip-hop, and waltz. She is a trained ballet dancer.
- On a rainy day, she likes to have a cup of coffee while reading a good book.
- She also loves classical music.
- If she were given a chance to be any animal / bird, she would like to be a bluebird.
- She loves poetry.
- Needles was her childhood fear.
- Being in the kitchen with her grandparents is her favorite childhood memory.
- If she is allowed to take 3 things while going to an island, she would take boat, sack of potatoes and a sunscreen with her.
- She likes salty foods more than sweet ones.
- If Katherine were a cartoon character, she would like to be Velma from Scooby Doo.
- As of July 2015, she already has shortlisted some names for naming her son or daughter.
- She learned how to make “Death By Chocolate Cake” from her grandmother. It is also her favorite thing to bake.
- She used to play softball while growing up.
- She believes in aliens.
- She has a celebrity crush on Ryan Gosling.
- On July 22, 2015, she had her first Portuguese tweet.