|Katherine McNamara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1995|
Katherine McNamara is an American actor, singer, songwriter, dancer, voice artist, and producer. She is known for her roles like Clary Fray in the supernatural drama television series Shadowhunters, Harper Munroe in the comedy television series Happyland, Mia Smoak in the superhero series Arrow, Sonya in the dystopian science fiction film Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and its sequel Maze Runner: The Death Cure, Taylor Risdale in the coming-of-age romance-comedy film Finding You, Lily Bowman in the romantic comedy-drama film New Year’s Eve, Rosa in the drama film A Sort of Homecoming, Julie Lawry in the post-apocalypse streaming television miniseries The Stand, Ekaterina in the family drama television series The Fosters, and Amy in the erotic romantic drama film Trust. Moreover, her performance in Shadowhunters won her the 2018 People’s Choice Award for “Female TV Star” as well as the 2019 Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Actress”.
Katherine Grace McNamara
Kat, Katie-Mac, Kat McNamara, Katie Mac
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
She divides her time amongst –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Kansas City, Missouri, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
From high school, Katherine graduated with honors at the age of 14.
In the next three years, by the age of 17, Katherine earned her bachelor’s degree in business via an online program from Drexel University‘s LeBow School of Business.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Voice Artist, Producer
- Father – Evan McNamara
- Mother – Ursula McNamara
- Siblings – Katherine McNamara is an only child.
- Others – Thomas David McNamara (Paternal Grandfather), Carrie Baker (Paternal Grandmother), William James Hayden (Maternal Grandfather), Nickole Lucille Stauffacher (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency
- Atlas Artists, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Vocals, piano, guitar
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine McNamara has dated –
- Joel Courtney (2011-2015) – In 2011, Katherine started dating actor Joel Courtney. They dated for almost 4 years before they separated in 2015.
- Pierson Fode (2016) – There were RUMORs that she had an affair with actor Pierson Fode in December 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Katherine McNamara is of English, Irish, Welsh, German, Swedish, Swiss-German, and distant Dutch descent.
She prefers to dye her hair in different shades such as blonde, etc.
35-25-33 in or 89-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 3 (UK) or 36 (EU)
She is an ambassador for Stomp Out Bullying.
Katherine has appeared in TV commercials on Mediacom Online, Belfonte Yogurt, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Clary Fray in the Freeform television series Shadowhunters.
She is also known for playing Myra Santelli in the 2012 comedy-horror Disney Channel Original Movie Girl vs. Monster.
As a Singer
As a singer, she released a track titled “Chatter” from the 2013 comedy-drama movie Contest.
Katherine first appeared in the 2007 film The Bride & the Groom for her role as a wedding guest. It was a short film.
First TV Show
In 2010, McNamara played the role of Jodanna in the horror-fantasy series R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour in an episode entitled “Worry Dolls.”
To prepare for her role as Sonya for the 2015 movie Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, she hit the gym almost daily. Most of the time, she was doing a workout with the entire cast of the movie, which made her exercise session a lot easier. She did pull-ups, crunches, squats, to name a few. It was difficult for her, but she did it with support from others.
You may also want to check out these YouTube videos, where she is working on her fitness to prepare for the role of Clary Fray for Shadowhunters.
Katherine McNamara Favorite Things
- Food – Giordano’s Pizza in Chicago
- TV Show – Pretty Little Liars, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, unREAL
- Movie – The Princess Bride (1987)
- Cartoon (While Growing Up) – Scooby-Doo
- Pastime – Baking
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookie Dough
- Disney Princesses – Mulan, Pocahontas
- Book – The Mortal Instruments (By Cassandra Clare)
- Flowers – Peonies, freesias
- Play – Tom Stoppard’s ARCADIA
- Author – Shakespeare, Tom Stoppard, Cassandra Clare
- Film Director – David O. Russell
- Color – Blue
- Emoji – ➰
- Weapon – Seraph Blade
- Band – Maroon 5
- Hair Product – Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream
- Football Team – Kansas City Chiefs
Source – ShadowHuntersTV.com, StyleCaster.com, Twitter
Katherine McNamara Facts
- McNamara is a member of the Actors Equity Young Performers Committee.
- On the occasion of Father’s Day (in June 2014), she sent an autographed picture of herself to her fans, who answered correctly to a question asked on Twitter.
- When McNamara was 13, she started her acting career via the Broadway production of A Little Night Music.
- As a dancer, she takes interest in a variety of dance forms such as ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, hula, hip-hop, and waltz. She is a trained ballet dancer.
- On a rainy day, she likes to have a cup of coffee while reading a good book.
- She also loves classical music.
- If she were given a chance to be any animal/bird, she would like to be a bluebird.
- She loves poetry.
- Needles were her childhood fear.
- Being in the kitchen with her grandparents is her favorite childhood memory.
- If she is allowed to take 3 things while going to an island, she would take a boat, a sack of potatoes, and sunscreen with her.
- She likes salty foods more than sweet ones.
- If Katherine were a cartoon character, she would like to be Velma from Scooby-Doo.
- As of July 2015, she already has shortlisted some names for naming her son or daughter.
- She learned how to make “Death By Chocolate Cake” from her grandmother. It is also her favorite thing to bake.
- She used to play softball while growing up.
- She believes in aliens.
- She has a celebrity crush on Ryan Gosling.
- On July 22, 2015, she had her first Portuguese tweet.
- She played the character named Hannah in the 2019 science fiction horror film, Assimilate, starring Joel Courtney, Andi Matichak, and Calum Worthy.
her hair product that she uses is this one Shu Uemura
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Nourishing Oil-in-Cream and she also has her hair blonde now!!