|Park Jung-ah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1981|
Park Jung-ah is a South Korean entertainer, actor, singer, spokesmodel, dancer, television presenter, and radio DJ who served as the main vocalist and lead dancer of the South Korean girl group Jewelry from 2001 to 2010. In addition to that, she has also branched out as an actor and has been cast in several shows and movies such as Oh My Ghost, My Love from the Star, When a Man Loves a Woman, Frivolous Wife, Leverage, Smile Again, The Noblesse, Prosecutor Princess, The Secret of My Love, Madeleine, The Woman from the Olle Road, My One and Only, Glamorous Temptation, Murder, Take One, and Seoyoung, My Daughter. Moreover, Park Jung-ah has been a part of other television and radio shows like Music Bank, On a Starry Night, Mama The Idol, Show Your Mind, Time Machine, I Like Radio, and Moonlight Paradise.
Jungah, Black Chicken, Casper
Yeongcheon, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
Park Jung-ah got enrolled at the Dongduk Women’s University (DWU) and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Applied Musicology.
Entertainer, Actor, Singer, Spokesmodel, Dancer, Television Presenter, Radio DJ
Park Jung-ah has been signed with –
- Star Empire Entertainment, Entertainment Company, Seoul, South Korea
- WM Company
- Jellyfish Entertainment, Entertainment Company, Seoul, South Korea
Pop, Pop Rock, Dance-pop, K-pop
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Park Jung-ah has dated –
- Gil Seong-joon (also known as Gill) – She was once romantically involved with Gil Seong-joon, a singer and television personality who served as the main singer of the former South Korean hip-hop duo named Leessang.
- Jeon Sang-woo (2015-Present) – Park Jung-ah started going out with pro-golfer Jeon Sang-woo in the year 2015 and her agency, Jellyfish Entertainment, confirmed in May 2016 that the couple will be getting married. The duo married on May 15, 2016, in Gangnam, Seoul. On September 5, 2018, it was revealed that she was pregnant with the couple’s first child and she gave birth to their daughter in March 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Park Jung-ah is of Korean descent.
Park Jung-ah Favorite Things
Park Jung-ah Facts
- With Jewelry, she released the group’s first studio album titled Discovery on March 30, 2001.
- On August 25, 2006, Park Jung-ah released her solo debut studio album titled Yeah and it includes songs like My Time, Fly Away, Yeah…, Don’t Let Me Go, You’re My Friend, and Beautiful Today. It became the 95th highest-selling Korean pop album in 2006 as well as got her nominated in the “Best Female Artist” category at the Mnet KM Music Festival.
- Alongside Ji Chang-wook, Do Ji-won, and Oh Ji-eun, Park Jung-ah co-starred as Yoon Sae-hwa in the 2010 daily television romantic drama show Smile Again. This role won her the KBS Drama Award for “Best Supporting Actress” in 2011.
- From 2012 to 2013, she was cast as Kang Mi-kyung in the family romantic drama television series Seoyoung, My Daughter. For this performance, Park Jung-ah was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actress” category at the 2012 KBS Drama Awards.
- She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in May 2013.
- Some of her hobbies include hiking, listening to music, and playing the piano.
- Park Jung-ah brought to life the character of Lee So-hyung, a television program director who is Kang Sun-woo’s first love, in the 2015 romantic thriller comedy-drama television series Oh My Ghost. The show stars Park Bo-young, Jo Jung-suk, Lim Ju-hwan, and Kim Seul-gi.
Featured Image by LG전자 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0