|Ji Chang-wook Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.75 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ji Chang-wook is a South Korean actor known for his starring performances in popular TV shows such as Warrior Baek Dong-soo and Empress Ki. His boyish good looks have also worked in his favor and have helped him garner millions of female fans. He has been featured in endorsement campaigns for popular brands such as Reebok. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 8 million followers on Instagram.
Gob Wookie, Ji Geu Dok, Jinergizer
Anyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
After the completion of his school education, Ji Chang-wook went to the Dankook University. He studied in the Department of Performing Arts at the university.
- Father – His father passed away when Ji Chang-wook was studying in elementary school.
- Mother – He was raised by his mother on her own. She used to work in a restaurant to support the family.
Ji Chang-wook is represented by Glorious Entertainment.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ji Chang-wook has dated –
- Ha Ji-won (2013) – In 2013, Ji was reported to be dating actress Ha Ji-won. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting for the TV series, Empress Ki. Some tabloids claimed to have seen them on a couple of dates as well.
- Kim Joo-ri (2015) – In the early months of 2015, Ji was reported to be dating actress Kim Joo-ri. They had been spotted by fans and media watching a couple of musicals together. They were also spotted wearing matching accessories such as necklaces and sunglasses.
- Park Min-young (2015) – Ji was reported to be going out with actress Park Min-young in 2015. They had worked together in the TV series, Healer and it was claimed that their romance blossomed on the sets of the TV series. Their kissing scenes in the movie gave further wind to these dating rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Korean ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown’.
Boyish good looks
Ji Chang-wook has appeared in the TV commercials and has done endorsement work for the following brands and products –
- EOS Lip Balm
- T Money
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Dong-hae in the Korean drama TV series, Smile Again
- Having played the lead roles in the popular Korean TV series such as Healer, The K2, and Suspicious Partner
- Being cast in the lead role in the action thriller movie, Fabricated City, which was a monumental commercial hit but didn’t manage to get positive reviews from critics
In 2006, he made his theatrical film debut in the Korean drama movie, Days…
First TV Show
In 2008, Ji Chang-wook made his first TV show appearance on the Korean TV series, You Stole My Heart.
Ji Chang-wook Favorite Things
- Food – Hotpot, Grilled lamb, Roast duck
- Food To Cook – Ramen
Source – Drama Fever
Ji Chang-wook Facts
- He got his first big breakthrough after he was cast in the Korean TV series, My Too Perfect Sons. His role in the show helped him get widespread exposure.
- While studying in the school, he dreamed of becoming an engineer. He was also good in academics. However, by the time he completed his schooling, he had decided that he wanted to become an actor. His mother wasn’t a fan of his decision but he decided to go with it.
- At the start of his acting career, he worked in numerous musical theatre productions to polish up his acting skills.
- He got his first taste of international acclaim with his role of Toghon Temür in the historical drama TV series, Empress Ki. The show was broadcasted in several countries including Poland, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam.
- In August 2017, he started his mandatory military service. He got his initial military training at the Army’s 3rd Infantry Division at Cheorwon, Gangwon Province. After the completion of his training, he was commisioned to serve with Army’s 5th Artillery Brigade at Cheorwon, Gangwon Province. He was scheduled to be discharged from the army in May 2019.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by KBS View / YouTube / CC BY-3.0