|Chungha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chungha is a South Korean singer, dancer, and choreographer who had first come into the spotlight in 2016 when she had finished in 4th place in the girl group survival reality TV show Produce 101, after which she had become a member of the resulting girl group I.O.I. With the group, she had released the EPs Chrysalis (May 2016) and Miss Me? (October 2016) that had peaked at number 4 and 2, respectively, on the South Korean music charts. After the dissolution of the group in 2017, Chungha had embarked on a career as a solo artist. As a solo artist, she has released a studio album titled Querencia (2021) that had peaked at number 6 on the South Korean music charts and number 10 on the US World charts. She has also released the EPs Hands on Me (June 2017), Offset (January 2018), Blooming Blue (July 2018), and Flourishing (June 2019). All these EPs had peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the South Korean music charts.
Chungha, Annie Kim
Cheongnyangri-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Chungha, after her high school graduation, had joined Sejong University, a private university in Seoul. She had graduated from there, majoring in dance.
Singer, Dancer, Choreographer
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
K-Pop, Dance Pop, Pop, EDM, Afrobeats, Synth Pop, House Music, Latin Pop
- MNH Studios/Entertainment
- YMC Entertainment
- Swing Entertainment
- Studio Blu
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean descent.
She often tends to dye her hair light/dark brown.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Radiant face
Chungha has endorsed brands, products, and services such as –
- Nike, Inc.
- Muzak Ifne (women’s clothing brand)
- Lens Town
- Lotte Chilsung
- Guljak Topokki (restaurant)
- Sudden Attack (video game)
- Bosslave (video game)
- U+ 5G (LG Corporation’s mobile service)
- Clinique Laboratories, LLC
- Sprite Korea
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Chungha, under her English name Annie Kim, had lived in Dallas, Texas, for 8 years in her childhood and teenage years before returning to South Korea.
- After her university graduation, where she had majored in dance, she had trained in the art form for about 3 years before she had turned to singing. She had once revealed that she had almost quit attending dance classes, during this time, due to financial issues.
- In 2019, she had been honored with the ‘Producer of the Year’ and ‘Hot Performance Award of the Year’ at the Gaon Chart Music Awards for her single Gotta Go. Later that year, the American weekly music and entertainment magazine Billboard had included that single at number 3 on their list of the ’25 Best K-pop Songs of 2019′.
- In 2020, it had been announced that she was a cast member of Law of the Jungle, a South Korean reality-documentary TV show. This was the first TV show in the country to have started filming after the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In December 2020, she had been tested positive for COVID-19. She was diagnosed as an asymptomatic carrier and had been quarantined for 2 weeks (including 10 days at home) and had made a full recovery thereafter.
- In January 2023, it was reported that Chungha had parted ways with MNH Entertainment.
Featured Image by Chungha / Instagram