|BoA Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1986|
BoA is a South Korean singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, and actor who is regarded as one of the most successful and influential Korean entertainers. Dubbed the “Queen of K-pop”, she has released many albums including ID; Peace B, BoA, Atlantis Princess, Hurricane Venus, Only One, Girls on Top, Made in Twenty, Kiss My Lips, Outgrow, My Name, No. 1, Listen to My Heart, Woman, Identity, Love & Honesty, Better, Valenti, Watashi Kono Mama de Ii no Kana, Who’s Back?, and The Face. She became the first foreign artist with 3 albums that have sold more than one million copies in Japan. Over the years, she has also been a part of shows and movies like Over the Hedge, Big Match, Make Your Move 3D, Venus Talk, I AM., Athena: Goddess of War, Listen to Love, Waiting For Love, Master in the House, Food Diary, and Autumn Sonata.
Kkamshi, BoA, Senpai (Sooyoung calls her so), Queen of Korean Pop
Guri, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
BoA was discovered at 11 years of age. So, she had to leave school early to focus on her singing and dancing skills.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – Kwon Je-chul
- Mother – Young-ja Sung
- Siblings – Kwon Soon-Wook (Brother) (K-Pop music video film director ), Kwon Soon-Hwon (Brother)
She has been signed with –
- Avex Management Co., Ltd.
- SM Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Seoul, South Korea
K-pop, J-pop, Dance-pop, R&B
SM Entertainment (South Korea), Avex Trax (Japan), SM Entertainment USA, United Asia Management
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- BoA once dated a person in 2010. It was revealed via Soompi.
- Joo Won (2017) – She reportedly started going out with actor Joo Won in January 2017 but the duo parted ways the same year in November.
In an interview given to KPopStarz in March 2015, BoA revealed her marriage plans. In her own words –
“Marriage in 5-6 years from now would be great. I would like a person who I can share the same hobbies and beliefs with.”
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean descent.
- Long hair
- Dancing skills
- Multilingual abilities
- Lots of piercing on her ears (About a dozen)
34-23-32 in or 86-58.5-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
She has appeared in Levi’s jeans ads.
Best Known For
Being a South Korean singer and actor who has released songs and albums in English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
BoA’s debut Korean album ID; Peace B was released on August 25, 2000, by S.M. Entertainment. It was ranked #3 in Korea and #30 in Japan. She was able to sell 178,000 copies of the album in Korea.
Her first Japanese album Listen to My Heart was released on March 13, 2002, which reached #5 in Korea and #1 in Japan. It also received the “Million” certification in Japan.
Finally, her debut English album BoA was released on March 17, 2009, via SM Entertainment USA. It reached #127 in the United States.
BoA first appeared in the musical drama film Make Your Move as Aya in 2013. This was her first film as an actor.
Being a singer, she has to perform on stage constantly for several hours. Building stamina for that is very important. During her training, she definitely works on that and such cardio exercises are what keep her in shape.
You may want to look at this video –
During her trainee days, she wasn’t allowed to eat whatever she wanted because of her body type. While other trainees would have a cheat day once a week, she wouldn’t have any. She sometimes regrets that dieting thing as it hampered her physical growth.
- BoA is the queen of Korean Pop.
- BoA was discovered at 11 when she attended a talent search with her older brother. Instead of her brother, BoA was signed by SM Entertainment.
- South Korean singer, Seo Taiji influenced her career as a kid.
- BoA is well versed in English, native Korean, Japanese, and even Mandarin Chinese.
- BoA appears in the English language textbooks published by Oxford University Press.
- BoA is not satisfied with her height (5 feet 3 inches) and complains about it.
- BoA is close friends with Japanese singer, Crystal Kay.
- BoA has two official meanings – “Beat of Angel” and “Best of Asia.” It doesn’t stand for “Bank of America.”
- She had a cat named Sara.
- She brought to life the character of a mysterious woman named Soo-kyung in the 2014 action film Big Match.
- In 2014, she made a cameo appearance as Song Beom-sik in the romantic comedy-drama film Venus Talk.
- Alongside Lee Sun-kyun, Song Ji-hyo, Lee Sang-yeob, Kim Hee-won, and Ye Ji-won, she co-starred as Kwon Bo-young in the 2016 romantic family drama television series Listen to Love.