|Jo Jung-suk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1980|
Jo Jung-suk is a South Korean actor, theatre artist, and voice artist whose career started in theatre. He has been cast in theatre projects like Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Grease, The Island, Spring Awakening, True West, Pump Boys and Dinettes, Janggeum the Great, Blood Brothers, Evil Dead, Organ in My Heart, and You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. Later on, Jo Jung-suk started appearing in both films and shows and some of the projects he has worked on include Don’t Dare to Dream, Hospital Playlist, The Drug King, The King 2 Hearts, Legend of the Blue Sea, Hit-and-Run Squad, Two Cops, You Are the Best!, Nokdu Flower, The Exclusive: Beat the Devil’s Tattoo, Architecture 101, My Love, My Bride, The Face Reader, and My Annoying Brother.
Seoul, South Korea
Jo Jung-suk studied at Banghwa Elementary School, Bangwha Middle School, and Gonghang High school. Afterward, he attended the Theatre department of the Seoul Institute of the Arts on a student loan.
However, after his father’s death in 2000, his widowed mother became dependent on him and he eventually quit before graduating in order to start earning.
Actor, Theatre Actor, Voice Artist
Jo Jung-suk has been repped by –
- Culture Depot
- JS Company
- JAM Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jo Jung-suk has dated –
- Gummy (2013-Present) – In the year 2013, he started going out with singer Gummy and they announced in June 2018 that they would be getting married in the fall. It was revealed on October 8, 2018, that the duo got married privately. Then, on January 6, 2020, Gummy’s agency confirmed that she was 7 weeks pregnant with the couple’s first child who was born on August 6, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Jo Jung-suk is of South Korean descent.
Jo Jung-suk Facts
- On account of his family circumstances, he was granted an exemption from military service.
- Jo Jung-suk made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the supporting of Nab-ddeuk, Seung-min’s best friend, in the 2012 romantic film Architecture 101. This role won him several accolades including the Korean Culture and Entertainment Award, Blue Dragon Film Award, KOFRA Film Award, and Cine 21 Award.
- Alongside Shin Min-ah, Jo Jung-suk co-starred as Young-min in the 2014 romantic comedy film My Love, My Bride.
- He was cast as Eul-soo/Sal-soo, an assassin hired to kill Jeongjo, in the 2014 action-drama film The Fatal Encounter. It is based on a real-life assassination attempt on King Jeongjo.
- In 2019, Jo Jung-suk brought to life the character of Jung Jae-cheol, a rich businessman living it up at parties and having a boyishly good time playing with cars on the race track, in the action police procedural film Hit-and-Run Squad.
- He knows how to play the guitar.
- Some of his hobbies include playing starcraft, basketball, and soccer.
- From 2020 to 2021, Jo Jung-suk was cast as Lee Ik-jun, an assistant professor of general surgery, in the medical romantic comedy-drama television series Hospital Playlist. He co-starred in the show alongside Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Kim Dae-myung, and Jeon Mi-do.
- His performance in Hospital Playlist won him the Brand of the Year Award for “Best Actor of the Year” in 2020 while he was nominated for an APAN Star Award in the “Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries” category in 2021.
Featured Image by NewsInStar / YouTube / CC BY 3.0