|Park Bo-young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Park Bo-young is a South Korean actress who shot to fame after appearing in the comedy film, Scandal Makers (2008), which amassed more than 8 million viewers, becoming the top grosser of the year and one of the biggest hits of Korean films ever. She has been equally successful in her small screen ventures, playing the role of the adorable aspiring chef who is possessed by a ghost in the super hit romantic comedy Oh My Ghost (2015) or the woman with superhuman strength in the popular drama Strong Girl Bong-soon (2017), and others.
Jeungpyeong County, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea
She has her home in the countryside in Korea.
She attended Jeungpyeong Elementary School, Jeungpyeong Girls’ Middle School, and Daeseong Girls’ Commercial High School. She majored in Theatre and Film from Dankook University.
- Father – Park Wan-soo (Retired Sergeant Major of the South Korean Army)
- Siblings – She has an older sister and a younger sister.
She is represented by Fides Spatium Entertainment (formerly The Company Entertainment).
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Park Hyung-sik (2017) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Asian (South Korean)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’, ‘light brown’, and ‘auburn’.
- Expressive eyes
- Petite stature
- Flawless complexion
She has endorsed brands like –
- Coca-cola (‘Toreta’)
- ‘Good Day’ Soju
Park Bo-young Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Singing, Playing guitar and piano
- Makeup – Natural style, Creating the “tattoo line” with eyeliner and eyeshadow for a doe-eyed aesthetic
- Sports – Baseball
- Goal – To be an actress whose roles are always new, exciting, and unpredictable
- Sports Team – Hanwha Eagles
- Sports Star – Jeong Keun-woo
Source – Soompi, Channel-Korea.com
Park Bo-young Facts
- Prior to her official acting debut in the 2006 high school TV show Secret Campus, Park appeared in the short film Equal in 2005 while still in middle school. The short film bagged the “Challenging Reality” award at the 7th Seoul International Youth Film Festival in 2005.
- She got noted for her natural beauty after her childhood photos were put up on an online community board on June 10, 2011.
- Her father, who had served the country for 34 years as a soldier, was always supportive of her wishes and decisions.
- She faced several obstacles in her career. She had a big lawsuit with a company, that left her spent and took away her motivation to carry on pursuing acting. However, when looking for an alternative field, she could not think of anything else and realized how much she loved the profession. She resumed acting again with renewed interest and enthusiasm and there was no looking back.
- Park has stated that she had a lot of fun shooting for the teen romantic comedy movie Hot Young Bloods (2014), in which, while playing the role of the rough leader of a high school gang, she had to curse and swear in the southern dialect.
- She earned the title of the “romantic comedy queen” after starring in the critically acclaimed and phenomenally popular TV show Oh My Ghost.
- Park’s beautiful youthful face has defied her age. Her height is a little below the average for women in her country and she has appeared adorably sweet and small, along with being drop-dead gorgeous, next to her on-screen partners like Jo Jung-suk, Park Hyung-sik, and Ji Soo.
Featured Image by ACROFAN / acrofan.com / CC BY-SA 3.0