|Mae Whitman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mae Whitman started her acting career when she was just a toddler. By the time she turned 6, she had made her theatrical debut in the movie When a Man Loves a Woman, starring Meg Ryan. She was then cast in supporting roles in the movies such as One Fine Day, Independence Day, and Hope Floats. As a TV actress, she got her first big breakthrough with her role in Arrested Development. Since then, she has bagged significant roles in popular TV shows such as Good Girls and Parenthood.
Mae Margaret Whitman
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mae Whitman went to the Ribét Academy, a private preparatory school in Los Angeles. She later shifted to the Whitefish Bay High School from where she completed her high school education.
Actress, Singer, Voice Actress
- Father – Jeffrey Whitman (Personal Manager and Set Construction Co-ordinator)
- Mother – Pate Musick (Voice Actress)
- Siblings – She is the only child.
Mae Whitman is represented by Los Angeles based PMK*BNC.
Punk Rock, Indie Punk, Soundtrack, Holiday
Side One Dummy
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mae Whitman has dated –
- Haley Joel Osment (2002) – In 2002, Whitman was rumored to be going out with the actor, Haley Joel Osment. It was claimed that they had grown closer while working as voice actors for the animated movie, The Jungle Book 2.
- Dov Tiefenbach (2008) – As per some tabloid reports, Whitman was going out with Canadian actor, Dov Tiefenbach, in 2008.
- Landon Pigg – Whitman has previously dated actor and singer, Landon Pigg. She confirmed the existence of their relationship during her interview with Glamour magazine. He has made appearances in the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Parenthood. At that time, they were seeing each other. In 2010, they also collaborated for the recording of the duet, Gardenia, which was released on iTunes.
- Peter Krause – In her October 2014 interview with Glamour, she revealed that she was dating actor Peter Krause. They had grown closer while working in the popular TV series, Parenthood. However, it is not known that when did they decide to end their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German and English ancestry.
She has often given ‘blonde’ highlights a try.
At the age of 2, Mae Whitman was hired to lend her voice to the TV commercial of Tyson Chicken.
She has also used her social media posts to promote products and brands such as Estate Jewelry Mama.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Annie Marks on the NBC crime comedy series, Good Girls
- Having played the role of Amber Holt on the NBC drama show, Parenthood
- Being cast in supporting roles in the popular movies such as Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and The Perks of Being a Wallflower
As a Singer
She has performed Holiday songs, I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day and You Make Christmas Feel So Good for School’s Out! Christmas album.
She has also served as a guest vocalist for a couple of tracks of the indie-punk band Fake Problems’ studio album, Real Ghosts Caught on Tape.
In 1994, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, When a Man Loves a Woman. She was 6 years old when the movie was released.
As a voice actress, Mae made her theatrical film debut by voicing the character of a schoolgirl in the animated movie The Wild Thornberrys Movie in 2002.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in The Choice episode of the drama series, Early Edition, in 1996.
In 1996, Mae Whitman made her TV show debut as a voice actress in an episode of the animated series, Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man.
Mae Whitman Favorite Things
- Beauty Salon – Stark in Los Angeles and Zoey Von Jones Brow Studio in Pasadena
- Makeup Essentials – Rosewater facial toner sprays and Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper Chapstick
- Hair Essentials – Bobby Pins
- Accessory – Champagne bucket friendship necklaces with Lauren Graham and Miles Heizer
- Shoes – Canvas handmade worker boots from Als’ Attire in San Francisco
Source – Glamour, SweetyHigh.com
Mae Whitman Facts
- She has done extensive activism work for arts in education cause and has often traveled for related workshops and seminars.
- While she was in high school, she was often bullied and singled out for being a nerd and a tomboy.
- To bag her role in her debut movie, When a Man Loves a Woman, she had to compete with over 700 other girls.
- Mae Whitman got her first big breakthrough after she was cast in a recurring role in the Fox sitcom, Arrested Development, in 2004.
- She was cast in the role of Becca Sommers in the pilot of the TV series Bionic Woman. However, the producers weren’t happy and decided to replace her with Lucy Hale. The original pilot wasn’t even aired and they decided to reshoot it.
- She has been a member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
- She has been an active and vocal supporter of gun control measures and has attended several public events and meetings to push the respective demands.
Featured Image by Mae Whitman / Instagram