|Antje Traue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5.25 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1981|
Antje Traue is a German actress known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Man of Steel, SOKO Koln, Seventh Son, and Despite the Falling Snow. She has done endorsement work for brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, and Yves Saint Laurent. She has received various award nominations for her superior acting skills like the German TV Award nomination under the “Best Actress” category in 2016 for her portrayal of the character of Irma Berger in the TV film Mordkommission Berlin 1.
Mittweida, Bezirk Karl-Marx-Stadt, East Germany
She travels between Los Angeles, California, United States and Berlin, Germany.
In 1997, at the age of 16, Antje left school to concentrate on her acting career. Much later, in 2006, she finally acquired her High School Diploma from Charlotte-Wolff-Kolleg, Berlin, Germany.
- Mother – was a dancer and musician
- Siblings – has a younger sister
Antje Traue is managed by –
- Jeremy Barber, Talent Agent Theatrical, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Kat Gosling, Talent Agent, Troika, London, United Kingdom.
- Ali Benmohamed, Jacob Fenton, and Louise Spinner, Talent Agents, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Anja Joos, Manager, Spielkind, Berlin, Germany.
- United Talent Agency (UTA), Talent Agent Commercial, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Christine Tripicchio, and Lauren Gold, Publicist, Shelter PR, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Geoffry Oblath, Legal Representatives, Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Antje Traue has dated –
- Ben Foster – Antje had dated American actor and her co-star for the movie Pandorum, Ben Foster. This piece of information was revealed by her during an interview. The couple separated in 2010.
- Hannes Wegener (2013) – Antje was rumored to be in a relationship with German actor Hannes Wegener in 2013. They were seen and photographed together at many events. However, this relationship remains to be confirmed.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Straight Nose
- Blue eyes
Antje Traue has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Pommery Champagne
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Paule Ka
Best Known For
Her role as the powerful alien villain Faora-UI in the Superman series Man of Steel (2013). Some of her notable performances include crime series SOKO Koln, fantasy adventure Seventh Son (2014), biographical drama Woman in Gold (2015), and romantic drama Despite the Falling Snow (2016).
In 2004, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama Kleinruppin Forever as Ramona.
First TV Show
In 2007, she made her first TV show appearance in the crime drama series SOKO Köln as Diana Wrobel.
Growing up, Antje Traue trained in gymnastics, but she was never a fitness conscious person. After securing a role in the Superman movie, Man of Steel, she was put in a series of workout routines aimed to achieve a superhuman body.
She trained under Mark Twight, a Hollywood trainer, for 4 months. As her goal was to build lean muscle, she followed an intense workout routine that included doing split squats with kettlebells, pulling ropes and chains, lifting weights, sit-ups and leg exercises. She was put on a special diet to balance out her muscle building training.
Antje Traue Facts
- She can speak Russian, German and English.
- Her mother passed away when she was 23 years old.
- In 1997, she was chosen to play the lead role in the Hip Hopera musical “West End Opera” in the International Munich Art Lab production.
- When Antje was not getting any role for several months, she thought of quitting acting and study medicine.
- She knows how to play the guitar.
- Visit her official website @ www.antjetraue.com.
- She does not have any social media account.
Featured Image by Martin J. Kraft / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
Antje Traue’s mother died when Antje was 17 years old.
Antje Traue’s height is 169 cm. Her measurements are 92-62-88.
Among Antje Traue’s favorites is almond mousse.
She has been dating Ben Foster, her costar on the movie Pandorum, for 2 years.
Antje Traue is an accomplished guitar player. She has studied classical guitar for 6 years during her teens.
During the Man of Steel training, she shed around 10 kgs but gained around 3 kgs muscle mass. For her next role as Bony Lizzie in Seventh Son she had to gain 8 kgs to become curvier to play the mother of Alice (played by Alicia Vikander). The measurements 92-62-88 would apply to her shape in Seventh Son (quite a babe!)
Too bad she seems not to do international productions anymore and her appearances are limited to the German market since a couple of years. I would really like to see her again as a lead in a big English language movie, as a female Bond, fem Sheperd, an expanded Faora role or anything of that kind. But she seems to be happier with romantic comedy as this seems to be what she is now setteling for in her German movie roles. Perhaps based on unlucky previous choices. Her appearances in “Seventh Son” and “Criminal” were among great cast and had all the best promise on paper, but the movies stalled with critics and in terms of revenue return. The “Oasis” flick by Amazon didn’t see series production either, despite positive critical response and excellent ratings by viewers. I guess these developments have done damage to her budding US career after “Man of Steel”. That is too bad and really undeserved. I wish she had had better agents or advisers.
Concerning siblings: Antje Traue has a younger sister. In a radio podcast interview earlier this year, Antje Traue mentioned that her sister is a psychologist and psychotherapist.
I had really thought Antje Traue would be cast as Yennefer in the Netflix Witcher series…looks, captivating appearance and age would be just perfect, and it would be amusing to pair the two actors together in a different relationship after Man of Steel. But I guess it would have been too expensive with Henry Cavill in the lead role who certainly gets paid a lot. Means they have to save on the remaining cast. Not clear if Antje would have taken the role though. I read German and I think I read somewhere that Antje Traue doesn’t want to take on long filming jobs away from her home because she is looking after her granny who is in her old age and who is Antje’s only family aside from her sister. Could explain why we don’t get to see much of Antje Traue in international productions anymore.
I really like this actress. Great looks, lovely voice, good presence. Her eyes are amazing. Hope to see more or her in Dark S2. But I think her Hollywood career is over. Some people speculate that she will return as Faora. But I think if Superman is ever to be relaunched in the next 5 years or so, it will be with a completely new cast. Outside of the Superman saga, there is no ground for Faora to walk on in the DC Universe. Other big Hollywood roles for her are hard to imagine.
She has a remarkable tight waist. But in the most recent pictures, she doesn’t. Could be she is pregnant. Judging from the increase of her waist, I would say she is pregnant into the 3rd month.