|Demetrius Harmon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Demetrius Harmon is an American actor, writer, clothing line founder, comedian, model, poet, social media star, and filmmaker. He is best known for his Instagram account which has amassed a fanbase of more than 1.5 million subscribers.
Meech, MeechOnMars, Meechie
Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Detroit, Michigan, United States
Demetrius went to the same school between the 2nd and the 8th grades and switched schools in the 9th grade. He graduated high school with a 960 SAT Score in 2016 and decided not to go to college.
Actor, Model, Writer, Poet, Filmmaker, Social Media Star, Clothing Line Founder, Comedian
- Father – Dennis Belton Jr. (Creative Director, Photographer)
- Mother – Jen Harmon (Founder of Jens Finest Things)
- Siblings – Dominique Harmon (Younger Sister), Myron (Younger Brother). He also has other brothers.
- Others – His uncle passed away in November 2017. He has a niece and a nephew.
Demetrius Harmon is represented by –
- Viral Nation (Talent Agent) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Demetrius Harmon has dated –
- Taylor Harmony
Note: He had a girlfriend for a year between 2016 and 2017, and wrote poems titled Zahraa for her.
Race / Ethnicity
He has also dyed his hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Pink’ in the past.
- Tattooed body
Demetrius Harmon has endorsed brands such as Ηοuse of Hoops by Foot Locker.
He has supported organizations such as –
- Ruth Ellis Center
- Detroit Justice Center
- Black Lives Matter LA
- Black Visions Collective
- JED Foundation
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Black Emotional & Mental Health Collective
- Project Semicolon
Demetrius Harmon Favorite Things
- Comedian/Actor – Donald Glover
- TV Show – Drunk History
- Rapper – Young Thug
- Mantra – “Defend your dreams, because they’re all we have.”
Source – TheEdgeLeaders.com, KepplerSpeakers.com, The Fader
Demetrius Harmon Facts
- He was raised in Dearborn, Michigan.
- In the 3rd grade, Demetrius taught himself graphic design. At the age of 13, he founded a clothing line named The Golden Life Clothing.
- The 9th grade was his darkest period as it coincided with moving out, his parents nearly getting a divorce, and his grandfather passing away. Demetrius didn’t care about his future and felt completely defeated.
- Demetrius started his social media career as a high school freshman by uploading comedy videos to platforms such as Vine and YouTube. He also wrote poetry and shared it on his Tumblr account.
- His comedy skits were often done in collaboration with a fellow social media star and his best friend, DopeIsland (Angelo Zeigler).
- Demetrius Harmon is a mental health advocate and has suffered from depression, self-harm, and suicidal urges.
- In one tweet, he stated he never thought he would live to the age of 18 at one point.
- He admitted to having an addictive personality and used to be addicted to sleeping pills and weed.
- He was the star of Vine’s 1st long-form web series, Camp Unplug (2016) as MeechOnMars.
- Alongside the rest of the cast of Camp Unplug, Demetrius was nominated for “Best Ensemble Cast” at the 2016 Streamy Awards.
- He was the winner of the Shorty Award in the category of “Best Vine Comedian” in 2016.
- Demetrius Harmon directed, edited, and starred in a short film, Be Happy (2016).
- He founded a clothing brand, You Matter.
- Songs on his “Happy Playlist” are 911 / Mr. Lonely (2017) by Tyler, The Creator, Netflix & Dusse (2017) by Smino, Gas Bag (2018) by Jurp, Lane Changing (2016) by SOB X RBE, Cash Out (2017) by Calvin Harris, Best Friend (2017) by Rex Orange County, and Roses (2017) by GoldLink.
- He loves ice cream but is lactose intolerant.
- Demetrius has a pure breed Shihtzu named Domino, born in 2012.
- The 1st person he hung out when he moved to Los Angeles, California, is a fellow actress and model, Yara Shahidi.
Featured Image by Demetrius Harmon / Instagram