|Yara Shahidi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Yara Shahidi is an American actor, voice actor, producer, director, model, and activist. She has gained popularity with her roles like Zoey Johnson in the sitcom Black-ish and its spin-off series Grown-ish, Natasha Kingsley in the teen drama film The Sun Is Also a Star, Chloe Johnson in the sitcom The First Family, Darci Scott (voice) in the computer-animated fantasy series Trollhunters as well as in 3Below, Olivia Danielson in the comedy film Imagine That, Esther in the ABC sitcom In the Motherhood, Katie in the thriller film Unthinkable, and Brenda (voice) in the computer-animated musical comedy film Smallfoot. Moreover, her role in The Sun Is Also a Star got her nominated for a Teen Choice Award for “Choice Summer Movie Actress” in 2019 while she has also won the NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series” and BET Award for YoungStar for her role in Black-ish.
Yara Sayeh Shahidi
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
She studied at Dwight Global Online School, from where she graduated in the year 2017.
She then got enrolled at Harvard University with a plan to major in Interdisciplinary Sociology and African American Studies.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Director, Model, Activist
- Father – Afshin Shahidi (Photographer)
- Mother – Keri-Salter Shahidi
- Siblings – Sayeed Shahidi (Younger Brother) (Actor, model), Ehsan (Younger Brother)
- Others – Forough Emami (Paternal Grandmother), Kwame Samuel Salter (Maternal Grandfather), Connie Sue Jones (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- Persona PR (Publicist)
- Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
45 kg or 99 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
She has Iranian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of African-American descent on her mom’s side.
Black curly hair
- She has appeared in numerous commercials as a child including McDonald’s, Disney, Ralph Lauren, Target, Gap Kids, Guess Kids, and Children’s Place.
- In July 2021, Yara was announced as Dior‘s global brand ambassador for women’s fashion and makeup.
Best Known For
Playing Zoey Johnson on the ABC sitcom Black-ish.
She first appeared in the 2009 comedy film Imagine That for her role as Olivia Danielson starring Eddie Murphy. It could earn nearly $23 million, though the budget was $55 million.
First TV Show
In 2007, Yara guest appeared in HBO’s comedy-drama series Entourage for her role as Kandace West in an episode entitled “No Cannes Do.”
Yara Shahidi Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookies and cream
- Color – Purple
- School Subject – History
- Disney Princess – Jasmine
- Song – It’s Gonna Be Me by NSYNC
- Marvel Superhero – Loki of Asgard
Source – BuzzFeed, Vine.com, Facebook
Yara Shahidi Facts
- She can live on chocolate for her entire life.
- She prefers Instagram over Twitter as she likes to post too many pictures of herself.
- Yara is the second cousin to American rapper Nas.
- When she was 4, her family relocated to California from Minnesota due to her dad’s job.
- Yara started her career as a child model appearing in national commercials alongside her mom and younger brother.
- Yara has spent time learning Farsi (the most widely spoken Persian language).
- She also takes interest in world history and wants to become a historian as well, besides an actor.
- In 2018, she started appearing on Grown-ish and this role got her nominated for a Teen Choice Award for “Choice Summer TV Actress” in 2019.
- Yara has a black belt in Korean martial arts called Tang Soo Do.
- Until 7, Yara wanted to become a criminal consultant for the FBI.
- Her style icon is Kerry Washington.
- In 2021, she provided vocals to the character of Kendra Wilson, a female scientist who is the one to create the pups’ new gear and gadgets, in the Canadian computer-animated adventure comedy film, PAW Patrol: The Movie, based on the series PAW Patrol created by Keith Chapman.
Yara will be attending Harvard University and she plans to double major in African American studies and sociology. https://twitter.com/YaraShahidi/status/872305308869292032