Kerry Marisa Washington
The Bronx, New York, USA
She graduated from Spence School in Manhattan in 1994. Later, Kerry double majored in anthropology and sociology from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. in 1998 with a Phi Beta Kappa (an honor).
Washington also studied at Michael Howard Studios in New York City.
Kerry was also shortlisted to be accepted into Yale University and Dartmouth College. But, she denied both of them.
- Father – Earl Washington (Real estate broker)
- Mother – Valerie (Professor and educational consultant)
- Siblings – None
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds (This is not her pregnancy weight)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kerry Washington dated –
- David Moscow (2003-2007) – Kerry started dating actor David Moscow in 2003. She engaged him in October 2004. They remained an item until March 2007.
- Common (2007) – She dated rapper Common for a short time in 2007 when she directed Common’s music video “I Want You.”
- Lawrence O’Donnell (2008) – After having a long relationship with David, Kelly had a brief relationship with American politician, Lawrence O’Donnell in 2008, who is roughly 26 years older than Kerry.
- Efraim Grimberg (2008) – A businessman, who is the chairman of Movado Group, Inc, Efraim Grimberg dated Washington shortly in 2008.
- Nnamdi Asomugha (2012-Present) – American football player, Nnamdi Asomugha commenced dating Kerry in 2012. On June 24, 2013, Washington and Nnamdi married in Hailey, Idaho. They have two children together, a son and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African American descent on her father’s side and has Jamaican American (partly English and Scottish) ancestry on her mother’s side.
She always keeps a souvenir from the character she plays. For example, a piece of clothing, the character wore, or the furniture o the house, the character lived in.
32-24-34 in or 81-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She is the brand ambassador and creative consultant of the beauty brand.
Washington is probably a Christian.
Best Known For
Starring in ABC’s hit political thriller television series Scandal for her role as Olivia Pope, a former crisis management expert.
She debuted with 2000 drama film Our Song in which she played Lanisha Brown.
First TV Show
In 1994, Kerry guest appeared in the anthology series ABC Afterschool Special for her role as Heather in an episode titled “Magical Make-Over”.
She is a huge Pilates devotee and has trained herself with the help of Nonna Gleyzer, the former member of Ukraine’s rhythmic gymnastics team for many years.
Nonna always encourages his clients to listen to the body as one is the best doctor of his own body. Kerry does Pilates with Nonna for 60 minutes per session and three to four times in a week. One of the reason, Kerry loves Pilates is this kind of exercise does not put pressure on her joints. She was a bit worried about her joints couple of years back when she used to work with some different trainer as at that time, she had some jerk (or problem) around the neck and shoulder area.
Nonna works on her calves especially to increase Kerry’s confidence, when she is moving around in high heels.
Kerry Washington Favorite Things
- TV Show – Game of Thrones (2011-Present)
- Movie – Splash (1984)
Source – US Weekly
Kerry Washington Facts
- She was among the highest paid actors list in television in 2013. For the first time, she was ranked at #20 on the list.
- She is obsessed with pineapple.
- She was also in her swimming team in high school, just like her character in Scandal.
- She learned traditional Indian theater and yoga from India after finishing her college.
- Kerry is named after a county in Ireland.
- She got her driving license after she turned 20.
- She does not drink coffee.
- While shooting Scandal, she started a tradition for the Scandal team. Whenever she starts filming a new episode, she shouts the episode number, applauds and hits the furniture to make noise.
- Kerry’s grandparents’ names are inscribed on the Ellis Island’s memorial wall.
- She also has a dog named Josie.
- Kerry graced the cover of Marie Claire’s November “Power” 2018 issue.
- Visit her official website @ kerrywashington.com.
- Connect with Kerry on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.