|Anthony Rizzo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1989|
Anthony Rizzo is an American professional baseball player who has played, as a first baseman, for the San Diego Padres (2011) and Chicago Cubs (2012–present) in Major League Baseball (MLB). With the latter, he had won the World Series Championship in 2016 and had been selected for the MLB‘s annual ‘All-Star Game’ for 3 years in a row (2014-2016). For his performances in the 2016 season, he had won the ‘Rawlings Gold Glove Award’ as well as the ‘Rawlings Platinum Glove Award’. The former is awarded to players for superior performances at each fielding position in both the National League (NL) and the American League (AL) of the MLB; while the latter is awarded to the best defensive player in each of those 2 conferences and is voted for by fans from that year’s ‘Gold Glove’ winners. He went on to win the ‘Rawlings Gold Glove Award’ in 2018 and 2019 as well.
Anthony Vincent Rizzo
Parkland, Broward County, Florida, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Anthony had completed his high school graduation, in 2007, from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in his hometown of Parkland.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – John Rizzo
- Mother – Laurie Rizzo
- Siblings – John Rizzo (Older Brother) (Former University-Level Football Player)
- Others – Russell Reid (Maternal Grandfather), JoAnn Frances Hill (Maternal Grandmother), Sarah Rizzo (Sister-in-Law), Vincent Rizzo (Nephew), Aria Rizzo (Niece)
- 27 – San Diego Padres
- 44 – Chicago Cubs
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
109 kg or 240.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony has dated –
- Emily Vakos (2016–Present) – Anthony had first met Emily Vakos in 2016 when he was participating in spring training with the Chicago Cubs in Arizona. They began dating soon after and he had proposed to Emily on June 1, 2017. The couple got married on December 29, 2018, in a ceremony where his Cubs teammate Kris Bryant was one of the groomsmen.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian (Sicilian), English, Polish, and Irish descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Anthony Rizzo Facts
- He was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in April 2008. He had undergone chemotherapy and had defeated the disease by November 2008.
- Anthony was signed as a sixth-round draft choice by the Boston Red Sox in the 2007 MLB Draft. He was due to join Florida Atlantic University before the draft but had dropped those plans after getting picked by the iconic team. He had represented the organization in minor league teams such as the Gulf Coast League Red Sox, Greenville Drive, Salem Red Sox, and the Portland Sea Dogs, before getting traded to the San Diego Padres after the 2010 season.
- In 2016, he had won the prestigious ‘Silver Slugger Award’ which is awarded annually to the best offensive player at each position in both the National League (NL) and the American League (AL) of the MLB.
- He was honored with the ‘Roberto Clemente Award’ in 2017 which is annually awarded to the MLB player who exhibits the best sportsmanship.
- In 2020, he had adopted a pet dog named Kevin.
Featured Image by Anthony Rizzo / Instagram