|James Murray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1976|
James Murray is an American comedian, actor, author, podcaster, and producer who is best known for starring alongside Sal, Q, and Joe on the Impractical Jokers since 2011. He is also noted for being a founding member of the improv comedy troupe The Tenderloins. James has also starred in several films such as Damned! (1998), and Christmas Time (2017). He has amassed more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, more than 1.6 million followers on Instagram, and 600k plus followers on Facebook.
James Stephen Murray
Murr, Mill, Murray
Staten Island, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
James studied at the Monsignor Farrell High School on Staten Island. Later, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English from Georgetown University.
Comedian, Actor, Producer, Author, Podcaster
- Siblings – Christine Murray (Older Sister), Danielle Murray (Older Sister)
As a part of The Tenderloins, he is represented by –
- Jack Rovner and Dexter Scott of Vector Management
- Martin Lesak, Jason Heyman & Nick Nuciforo, Brittany Balbo, and Jason Heyman & Logan Eisenberg of United Talent Agency
- Danny Passman of Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown (Legal Agency)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James has dated –
- Jenna Vulcano (2014) – In March 2014, he was legally married off to comedian and actor Sal Vulcano’s sister Jenna as a part of Sal’s punishment for having failed to have completed all the tasks successfully. However, they legally separated the very next day.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- His eyes tend to close when he smiles.
- Bald on the frontal region of his head
James has endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Universal Orlando Resort
He went to a Catholic school.
Best Known For
- Being one of the 4 jokers on Impractical Jokers since 2011
- Starring in the film Damned! in 2017
- Being a founding member of the comedy troupe The Tenderloins
- Marrying actor and producer Sal Vulcano’s sister Jenna Vulcano in 2014
- Publishing a novel titled Awakened on June 26, 2018
He made his first feature film appearance as a student in the comedy biopic Private Parts in 1997. However, his role was uncredited.
Later, he made his credited feature film debut as Judas in Damned! in 1998.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the comedy show Impractical Jokers in 2011.
James’s diet consists of mostly green vegetables, juices, and fruits. He is also fond of eating red lobsters. James also seems to keep himself fit by exercising.
James Murray Favorite Things
- Color – Purple
- Accent – British
- Slang Words – Gutted, Cheeky
- Actor – Nicolas Cage
Source – AMusicBlogYea.com, Instagram
James Murray Facts
- he and his buddies Joe, Q, and Murr were all born and raised in Staten Island.
- Growing up, he was very fond of his father and the two would enjoy watching movies together.
- Films with slapstick humor were his biggest influence.
- In March 2014, he legally married Sal’s sister Jenna as a part of Sal’s punishment. For this, Sal had to watch his sister being married off to James without being able to do anything at all.
- Aside from comedy, he is also the Senior Vice President of Development at NorthSouth Productions.
- He met his co-stars Joe Gatto, Brian Quinn, and Sal Vulcano in high school in 1990.
- James co-founded The Tenderloins in 1999.
- He has a tattoo with the initials “November 9, 2017”. This is the day The Tenderloins performed at a sold-out show in Madison Square Garden. He also has several other tattoos, like a skydiving ferret on his thigh and a cat that reads “38, lives alone, has 3 cats”, and a tattoo of Jaden Smith.
- James has a phobia of heights and sharks.
- In the past, James and the rest of The Tenderloins signed a contract with director David Zucker.
- He is very fond of the sport of baseball and is a big fan of the Yankees.
- According to his mates, he suffers from a case of flatulence.
- James loves listening to pop music. He also likes listening to singer-songwriter Meat Loaf and Frankie Valli. James also enjoys music from the ’50s and ’60s.
- He is very fond of his dog named Charlie.
Featured Image by James Murray / Instagram