|Nita Ambani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1963|
Nita Ambani is an Indian philanthropist and businesswoman who is best known as the chairperson and founder of the Reliance Foundation (the CSR arm of Reliance Industries) as well as the Dhirubhai Ambani International School. In 2014, she was elected as a non-executive director on the board of Reliance Industries, the multi-billion dollar Indian business conglomerate that is managed by her husband Mukesh Ambani. Nita is the owner of the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise team, Mumbai Indians. She is also the founder of the company FSDL (Football Sports Development Limited) that was established to operate the Indian Super League (ISL), an association football franchise-based league.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Antilia, Cumbala Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Nita attained a bachelor’s degree in Commerce from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, in Mumbai.
Businesswoman, Philanthropist, Educationist
- Father – Ravindrabhai Dalal (d. 2014)
- Mother – Purnima Dalal
- Siblings – Mamta Dalal (Younger Sister) (School Teacher)
- Others – Dhirubhai Ambani (Father-in-Law) (Business Tycoon) (d. 2002), Anil Ambani (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Tina Ambani (Sister-in-Law) (Former Actress, Philanthropist), Kokilaben Ambani (Mother-in-Law), Shloka Mehta (Daughter-in-Law) (Social Worker), Russell Mehta (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Mona Mehta (Sister-in-Law), Anand Piramal (Son-in-Law) (Businessman), Ajay Piramal (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Swati Piramal (Sister-in-Law) (Industrialist, Scientist), Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari (Sister-in-Law), Dipti Dattaraj Salgaocar (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nita has dated –
- Mukesh Ambani (1985-Present) – Nita, who was a school teacher at that time, got married to Indian business tycoon Mukesh Ambani in 1985. They had first met after Mukesh’s father had attended a dance performance where Nita was among the performers. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Anant Ambani (b. April 10, 1995) and Akash Ambani (b. October 23, 1991), and a daughter named Isha Ambani (b. October 23, 1991).
Race / Ethnicity
- Affable smile
- Mildly stocky frame
- Radiant face
- Dense, straight, shoulder-length hair
Nita Ambani Favorite Things
- Interests/Hobbies – Dancing, Swimming
- Hangout Destination – US Club in Colaba, Mumbai
- Author – Enid Blyton
Source – The Times Of India
Nita Ambani Facts
- She is a professional Bharatnatyam dancer. She was interested in classical dancing from a very early age and got trained in the Bharatnatyam art form.
- In 1997, she was chiefly involved in the conception and execution of the Jamnagar Township Project, an environmentally-friendly residential complex for more than 17,000 employees and family members who were involved in the Reliance Industries’ oil refinery in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- In 2016, she was named in the India Today magazine’s list titled ’50 High and Mighty Indians’. The same year, she was named among the ‘Most Influential Women Business Leaders in Asia’ by Forbes.
- In August 2016, she became the first Indian woman to be nominated for membership of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- As the owner of the Mumbai Indians cricket team, Nita founded a charitable organization called Education and Sports for All (ESA). The initiative has, reportedly, impacted the lives of more than 100k underprivileged children by creating an awareness for education using media and digital platforms. Since the establishment of the organization, thousands of children associated with it are invited, annually, to watch an IPL match hosted by the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai.
- In 2017, for her initiatives for the development of sports at the grassroots level, she was honored with the ‘Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award’ by the President of India.
- She has also been awarded the ‘Best Corporate Supporter of Indian Sports’ by the Times of India.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0