|Amrita Singh Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1958|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amrita Singh is an Indian actor who has worked in a number of movies such as Betaab, Naam, Chameli Ki Shaadi, Naam O Nishan, Charnon Ki Saugandh, Kala Dhanda Goray Log, Mulzim, Kabzaa, Ilaaka, Hathyar, Sachai Ki Taqat, Agnee, 2 States, Badla, Shootout at Lokhandwala, Rang, Hindi Medium, A Flying Jatt, Suryavanshi, 23rd March 1931: Shaheed, Dus Kahaniyaan, Dharam Sankat, Jaadugar, Waaris, and Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman.
Hadali, Khushab, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Amrita Singh studied at Modern School in New Delhi, India.
- Father – Shivinder Singh Virk (Officer in the Indian Army)
- Mother – Rukhsana Sultana (Political Activist, Socialite known for being one of Sanjay Gandhi‘s close associates during the state of Emergency in India between 1975 and 1977)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – Mohinder Kaur (Paternal Grandmother), Sobha Singh (Great-Grandfather) (Civil Contractor, Prominent Builder, Real Estate Developer of Delhi), Khushwant Singh (Granduncle) (Author, Lawyer, Diplomat, Journalist, Politician) (Author of the historical novel Train to Pakistan), Sardar Ujjal Singh (Great-Granduncle) (Politician), Ayub Khan (Uncle) (Actor)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amrita Singh has dated –
- Sunny Deol – She was romantically involved with actor and filmmaker Sunny Deol in the past and the duo also worked together in films such as Betaab and Sunny.
- Vinod Khanna – Singh also went out with actor, producer, and politician Vinod Khanna, who is around 12 years older than her.
- Ravi Shastri – It was also RUMORed that she had an affair with Ravi Shastri, a cricket coach, former commentator, and cricketer who has served as the head coach of India’s national cricket team. There were reports that the duo even got engaged before parting ways.
- Saif Ali Khan (1991-2004) – In October 1991, she got married to Saif Ali Khan, an actor and a member of the royal family of the erstwhile Bhopal State and Pataudi State, in an Islamic wedding. He is the son of former Indian test cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, the 9th Nawab of Pataudi and Sharmila Tagore. Even before the marriage, their relationship became the talk of the town because of the huge gap between the two, Amrita being the older one by around 12 years. It was reported that Saif’s mother even warned him against marrying Amrita Singh. The couple welcomed their first child, daughter Sara Ali Khan, on August 12, 1995. Their son, Ibrahim Ali Khan Pataudi, was born on March 5, 2001. Later, the marriage ended in divorce in 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
Amrita Singh is of Punjabi descent on her father’s side.
Amrita Singh has been cast in a commercial for Mamaearth.
She was raised as a Sikh and later converted to Islam before her marriage to Saif Ali Khan.
Amrita Singh Facts
- In 1983, she made her Bollywood debut as Roma Singh Girji in the romantic drama film Betaab.
- Between 2005 and 2006, she appeared as Nitya Nanda in the Star Plus romantic drama series Kkavyanjali. For this role, she won the 2005 Indian Telly Award for “Best Actress in a Negative Role (Jury)”.
- She is well-versed in English, Punjabi, and Hindi.
- Growing up, Amrita and Shah Rukh Khan were friends. She has also been friends with actor Madhu Kapoor.
- She prefers to keep her personal life away from the spotlight.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0