Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sania attended NASR School in Hyderabad and later graduated from St. Mary’s College in Yousufguda, Hyderabad.
Professional tennis player
- Father – Imran Mirza (Sports journalist)
- Mother – Naseema
- Siblings – Anam Mirza (Younger Sister)
Right-handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
February 3, 2003
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sania Mirza dated –
- Shahid Kapoor (2008) – Sania had a fling with Indian actor Shahid Kapoor in 2008.
- Sohrab Mirza (2009-2010) – In the following year, that is in 2009, Sania engaged her childhood friend Sohrab Mirza (Indian businessman). But, the marriage broke up shortly after in 2010.
- Shoaib Malik (2010-Present) – Pakistani cricket player Shoaib Malik started dating Sania in 2010. After dating for almost 6 months, Sania and Shoaib married in an Islamic ceremony on April 12, 2010, at the Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad, India. Subsequently, Pakistani wedding customs were performed for a mahr (Mahr is an amount given to bride’s family by groom’s family during the time of marriage. The amount is generally cash, but it can be property, household goods, automobiles, etc as agreed upon between the two families) of 61 lakh.
Race / Ethnicity
Wears a nose ring
38-26-36 in or 96.5-66-91.5 cm
Country Club’s global brand ambassador in 2013, Krrish Group’s brand ambassador for their Delhi franchise in Indian Badminton League in 2013.
She has also endorsed Coca-Cola, and Rodeo Drive Luxury brand in the past.
Best Known For
Playing lawn tennis for India
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Sania has not won the Grand Slam title in singles. But, her results of the singles in the tournaments are shown below –
- Australian Open – 3R (2005, 2008)
- French Open – 2R (2007, 2011)
- Wimbledon – 2R (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- US Open – 4R (2005)
For all of her career statistics, you may want to visit here.
Sania, being a tennis player needs to be physically fit and stay away from injuries. So, she does regular workouts.
Regarding diet, she eats more carbohydrates during the tournament. But, once it’s over, she just cuts those excessive carbs as she is not in need of surplus energy.
Sania Mirza Favorite Things
- Actor – Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan
- Movies – Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), Phool Aur Kaante (1991), Mohra (1994), Maine Pyaar Kiya (1989), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001)
- Sport – Tennis
- Actress – Sonakshi Sinha, Kareena Kapoor
Source – Filmfare.com
Sania Mirza Facts
- Sania achieved the World Ranking #27 in singles in August 2007, which is her best career ranking.
- She won her first “Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Title” in 2009, which was an Australian Open. In 2012, she won French Open in the “Mixed Doubles” category. Her partner was Mahesh Bhupathi.
- Mirza started playing tennis at the age of 6 and used to receive training from her father in her initial stages of learning tennis.
- Sania’s mom Naseema was selected as the manager for the 2-member tennis team for London Olympics 2012.
- She once believed in 2010 that her career has ended as she had to undergo three surgeries in a row and was not able to lift even a spoon.
- Sania’s family is surrounded by sports, especially cricket (her father, husband, and others). But, still she opted for tennis as it is her favorite sport.
- She had watched 2001 movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (also known as K3G) almost 30 times.