Prince, Superstar, Naani, Universal Star
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Mahesh completed his schooling from Chennai’s St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School. He was good in academics and went on to pursue his college degree from Loyola College and finished his bachelors in commerce.
Actor, Producer, Media Personality, Philanthropist
- Father – Krishna (Actor, Producer, Director, Politician)
- Mother – Indira
- Siblings – Ghattamaneni Ramesh Babu (Older Brother) (Actor, Film Producer), Padmavathi (Older Sister), Manjula Swaroop (Older Sister) (Actor, Producer), Ramesh Babu (Younger Brother), Priyadarshani (Younger Sister)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mahesh Babu has dated –
- Swathi Reddy – Mahesh was rumored to be dating actress Swathi Reddy in the past.
- Namrata Shirodkar (2000-Present) – Mahesh met actress Namrata during the filming of Vamsi in 2000. Namrata is 4 years older than Mahesh. Despite the age difference, the two decided to get married on February 10, 2005. She gave birth to their first child Gautham Krishna in 2006 and daughter Sitara Ghattamaneni in 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
- His charming looks
- Usually seen wearing formals
Mahesh has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Thums up
- Jos Alukkas
- Chennai Silks
- Rainbow Hospital
- Intex Aqua Ace
- Royal Stag
- Santoor Soap
- Ramakrishna Venuzia
- Gold Winner Oil
Best Known For
Being one of the biggest and highest paid superstars in the Telegu film industry.
Mahesh made his theatrical film debut in 1979 in the Telegu movie Needa as a child actor.
Mahesh trains with the master trainer of Physique Elite Kumar Mannava. Mahesh is known to be very dedicated towards his workout and ensures he hits the gym at least 5 days a week for an hour and a half. He focuses on one body part in a day for increasing his flexibility and overall strength. His trainer also ensures he does stretching to be flexible while performing stunts.
His typical diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – Oats, Eggs, Fruits, and Nuts
- Post Workout – Any shake
- Lunch – Any meat source (Chicken/Fish/Lamb) with Brown rice/Quinoa/Khus khus
- Dinner – Any source of carbohydrates and proteins (Brown or whole wheat bread with eggs or chicken)
Mahesh Babu Favorite Things
- Actress – Sridevi
- Food – Sambar with bendakaya fry along with an omelet and Chicken curry, Indian-Chinese chicken fried rice
Mahesh Babu Facts
- As he was born and brought up in Chennai, he never had an option to study Telugu language. He can understand and talk Telugu fluently, but he is unable to read it.
- After the film Dookudu earned a gross of 1 billion, Income Tax officials raided his residence in Jubilee.
- He began his acting career when he was only 4 years old.
- His father wished for Mahesh to concentrate on his academics and hence, he opted to take a break from the film industry for 9 years.
- He prefers not to make use of stunt doubles while shooting for action sequences.
- He donates 30 percent of his annual earnings to charity, and hence, he prefers doing commercials for the same.
- Mahesh is a family-oriented person and loves spending time with his family and friends.
- Follow Mahesh on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Silver Screen / silverscreen.in / CC BY-SA 3.0