|Hakeem Kae-Kazim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1962|
Hakeem Kae-Kazim is a British-Nigerian actor who is best known for his work in movies such as Hotel Rwanda (2004), Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Darfur (2009), Last Flight to Abuja (2012), Half of a Yellow Sun (2013), and Godzilla vs. Kong (2021). He is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Mr. Manyeke in the British children’s TV series Grange Hill (1994), Saunders in the US-British-German science-fiction TV series The Triangle (2005), Colonel Ike Dubaku in the American action drama TV series 24 (2009), Richard Gladwell in the action crime drama TV series Gotham (2014), Mr. Scott in the historical adventure TV series Black Sails (2014-2015), and Cesil Colby in the prime time TV soap opera Dynasty (2017-Present).
Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
Los Angeles, California, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Hakeem, after his high school graduation, had undergone acting training at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, a drama school in Bristol that provides training in acting for film, television, and theatre. He had graduated from there in 1987.
- Father – His father was a civil engineer.
- Mother – His mother was an accountant.
He is represented by –
- Laura Gibson, General Manager, 11:11 Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Catherine Lyn Scott, PR Agent, London Flair PR, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hakeem has dated –
- Bronwyn Kae-Kazim (1998-Present) – Hakeem had started dating a South African woman named Bronwyn in June 1998 and they got married in January 2000. They have 3 daughters together named Ayesha Kae-Kazim (Photographer), Shadha Kae-Kazim, and Jadesola Kae-Kazim.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Hakeem Kae-Kazim Facts
- Hakeem’s parents, for their studies, had emigrated to the United Kingdom, from Nigeria, when he was just about a year old.
- Hakeem had developed an interest in acting when he began participating in school plays. He had later joined The National Youth Theatre, a world-renowned youth arts organization in London, where he had decided that he would pursue a career in acting. He was also offered a place in The Royal Shakespeare Company, where he continued his classical training in acting.
- Hakeem had then acted in several plays at The Royal National Theatre in London, one of the United Kingdom’s three most prominent publicly funded performing arts venues. These experiences had helped him in making a successful transition into British TV shows. He had then moved to South Africa at the age of 25, where he became popular for his work in both films and TV shows.
- After his portrayal of the character of Georges Rutaganda in the critically acclaimed film Hotel Rwanda (2004), he had earned international recognition and had decided to move to Los Angeles to further expand the scope of his acting opportunities.
- He shares his birthday with South African actor Zolile Nokwe, who had played the role of his brother in the 2008 TV film 24: Redemption.
- He had once bungee jumped off the Table Mountain in Cape Town.
Featured Image by Hakeem Kae-Kazim / Instagram