|Ed Robertson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1970|
Ed Robertson is a Canadian actor, composer, singer, guitarist, and songwriter who is known as the founder of Barenaked Ladies.
Lloyd Edward Elwyn Robertson
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Robertson had attended Churchill Heights Public School before enrolling at the Woburn Collegiate Institute.
Ed then studied at York University for a year and a half before deciding to quit his studies and to pursue a full-time music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Composer, Record Producer
- Father – Earl Robertson (Shipping Foreman for Honeywell, Egg Grader)
- Mother – Wilma Robertson (Secretary for Imperial Oil)
- Siblings – Lynn Robertson (Older Sister), Bonnie Robertson (Older Sister), Bill Robertson (Older Brother), Doug Robertson (Older Brother)
Robertson is represented by The Feldman Agency.
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Synthesizer, Banjo, Mandolin
As a member of Barenaked Ladies, Robertson has released his music with various labels including John King Artist Consultants, Page Publications, Sire Records, Reprise Records, Desperation Records, Raisin’ Records.
Ed Robertson’s net worth had been $8 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ed has dated –
- Natalie Herbert (1994-Present) – In June 1994, Ed got married to his longtime girlfriend Natalie Herbert. Together, the couple has 3 children named Hannah (b. November 17, 1995), Lyle (b. September 29, 1999), and Arden (b. August 7, 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Straight eyebrows
- He often sports a medium stubble beard.
Ed Robertson Favorite Things
- Album To Produce – Maroon (2000)
Source – Cleveland
Ed Robertson Facts
- He had once stated that his birth may have been planned as his 4 older siblings were born 1 year apart from one another whereas he is several years younger than his siblings.
- Ed was 13 when he started working part-time. Along the way, he picked up several odd jobs that included working his time at Wendy’s in July 1985 and answering phone calls for the CCA’s office.
- Growing up, Robertson was exposed to listening to a lot of country music, and to date, continues to love the genre.
- Ed started learning to play the guitar when he was in grade 5 and by the time he had graduated from high school, he had already played with several bands.
- While attending Churchill Heights Public School, he met now-former Barenaked Ladies band member Steven Page who was 1 year his senior. Initially, the 2 did not like one another but soon became friends due to their similar interests.
- He is a paintball enthusiast.
- It was Ed who formed the Barenaked Ladies rock band and invited Steven to join him over the phone, eventually forming a duo.
- In his free time, Robertson loves to spend time with his family at a cottage of theirs that is located in Bancroft-area.
- He received his pilot’s license in 2005. Later, on August 24, 2008, while Ed was piloting his amphibious Cessna 206, somewhere north of Bancroft, Ontario he crashed. However, he and the passengers walked away with minor injuries.
- In June 1993, Robertson’s brother Doug had met with his demise after crashing his motorbike. He then lost his mother on December 13, 2008, at age 72, followed by his father on June 10, 2011, at the age of 76.
- As an actor, he has appeared in various hit TV shows including Degrassi: The Next Generation and Red vs. Blue.
Featured Image By TheHYPO / Wikimedia / Public Domain