|Tim Roth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1961|
Tim Roth is an English actor, director, producer, and voiceover artist who has gained acclaim with his on-screen roles like Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy, John Harrett/Frank Dwyer in Emmett’s Mark, Ringo (Pumpkin) in Pulp Fiction, Emil Blonsky/Abomination in The Incredible Hulk, Joshua Shapira in Little Odessa, Myron in The Hit, Thade in Planet of the Apes, Archie in Broken, Hank Harris in 600 Miles, Freddy Newandyke (Mr. Orange) in Reservoir Dogs, Oswaldo Mobray/English Pete Hicox in The Hateful Eight, and Ted in Four Rooms.
Timothy Simon Roth
Dulwich, London, England, United Kingdom
He studied in a school in Lambeth but then shifted to Croydon Technical School due to bullying. Later, he got enrolled at Strand School in Tulse Hill and also attended London’s Camberwell College of Arts.
Actor, Director, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Ernie (Fleet Street Journalist, Painter)
- Mother – Ann (Painter, Teacher)
He is represented by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim Roth has dated –
- Lori Baker (1983-1985) – He was previously in a relationship with Lori Baker and they have a son named Jack Roth (b. 1984) who is also an actor.
- Emily Lloyd (1991-1992) – Tim was romantically involved with actress Emily Lloyd between the years 1991 and 1992.
- Nikki Butler (1993-Present) – In 1993, he married Nikki Butler and the duo had been blessed with 2 sons – Timothy Hunter (b. 1995) and Michael Cormac (b. 1996). Sadly, Cormac passed away in October 2022 at the age of 25 after being diagnosed with Stage 3 germ cell cancer in November 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish and English descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair color has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Often plays twisted characters and sleazy and contemptible villains
- London accent
Tim Roth Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Projects – Meantime (1983)
Source – IMDb
Tim Roth Facts
- His father changed his surname from “Smith” to the German/Yiddish “Roth” in the 1940s as an act of anti-Nazi solidarity.
- He is a child s*xual abuse survivor and has revealed that it was his paternal grandfather who s*xually abused him from childhood until his early teen years. The man even s*xually abused Roth’s own father when he was a child.
- Tim Roth was considered for the role of Severus Snape in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001) but dropped out of the project in order to co-star as General Thade, a sadistic chimpanzee military commander who wants control over the ape civilization, in Tim Burton‘s 2001 science fiction film, Planet of the Apes.
- He co-starred in Planet of the Apes alongside Mark Wahlberg, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Clarke Duncan, and Estella Warren and the role also got Tim Roth nominated for a Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actor” and an MTV Movie Award for “Best Villain”.
- During his younger years, he wanted to be a sculptor.
- He endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- Roth has been good friends with Gary Oldman and they have also worked together in Meantime (1983) and Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990).
- He has supported the Green Party of England and Wales, a left-wing political party.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0