|Michael Clarke Duncan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michael Clarke Duncan was a well distinguished American actor who was most prominently known for his portrayal of John Coffey in The Green Mile (1999). Other than that, he started in more than 2 dozen films and shows a few of which included hits like Armageddon (1998), The Whole Nine Yards (2000), and The Scorpion King (2002).
Michael Clarke Duncan
Hollywood, Big Mike, Papa Bear
Michael was born on December 10, 1957.
Michael passed away at the age of 54 on September 3, 2012, in Los Angeles, California, United States, due to a heart attack.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Micheal attended the Alcorn State University in Mississippi, where he studied a Communications program. However, he decided to drop out in order to support his family.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Mother – Jean Duncan (Home Cleaner)
- Siblings – Judy Duncan (Sister)
Michael was represented by Agency for the Performing Arts.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
143 kg or 315 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Alisha Harrison (2000-2002)
- Irene Marquez (2004-2005)
- Vanessa Bosele (2006)
- Omarosa Manigault (2010-2012)
Race / Ethnicity
Michael was of African-American ancestry.
- Large muscular physique
- Nubian nose
- Deep voice
- Wide smile
- Shaved head
Michael had appeared in commercials for various brands including –
- Lincoln Town Car (2002)
- Kellogg’s Granola Munch’ems (2006)
- DirecTV (2009)
- Zaxby (2011)
Michael Clarke Duncan Facts
- He was raised alongside his sister Judy Duncan by his mother Jean in Chicago.
- Michael’s father had abandoned him and his family at a very early age.
- He developed a love for acting at an early age and always knew that it was what he wanted to do when he grew up.
- Duncan did not quite fancy an interest academically. However, he played basketball all through high school as well as for the Kankakee Community College. He also played a season on The Alcorn State Brave basketball team.
- Sometime during his ’20s, he began using his sheer size to his advantaged and dug ditches for the Peoples Gas Company as well as worked part-time shifts at clubs in Chicago. While he worked there, his co-workers nicknamed him “Hollywood.” They even made fun of his passion to become an actor.
- In the year 1990, Michael moved to Los Angeles to become a star.
- The first audition that he was accepted into was for a beer commercial as a drill sergeant.
- From 1997 to late 1998, Duncan mostly appeared in films as a bouncer or a guard.
- He credits his mother for being his greatest inspiration.
- Michael’s final resting place is at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills, California.
- Michael’s got his first break alongside actor Bruce Willis in Armageddon (1998). The 2 appeared in 2 other films together and became close friends as well.
- In 2009, he switched to a vegetarian diet. He was obsessed with Omaha Steaks and when he quit he threw out $5000 worth of meat.
- In 2012, Michael had 6 cats and 2 dogs along with 3 fish.
- Michael was admitted to “Cedars Sinai Medical Center” after suffering from a cardiac arrest on July 13, 2012. However, reports suggested that Duncan was taken out of the intensive-care unit on August 6. Despite that, he sadly passed away on September 3 that year.
- Despite his sheer size, Michael was an emotional and soft-hearted person.
Featured Image By personnalite_disparu / Instagram