|Shoaib Malik Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1982|
Shoaib Malik is a Pakistani professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a batting all-rounder. He was the captain of the Pakistan national cricket team between 2007 and 2009 and was an integral member of the Pakistani squads that had won the 2009 ICC World T20 and the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, the first time that Pakistan had won both those trophies. He had announced his retirement from Test cricket in November 2015 and ODI cricket in July 2019. In the Pakistani domestic circuit, he has played for the regional teams Gujranwala (1997-98–1998-99), Sialkot (2001-02–2012-13), and Sialkot Stallions (2004-05–2015); and the departmental teams PIA (Pakistan International Airlines) (1998-99–2013-14) and Sui Southern Gas (2016-17–2017-18) across all 3 formats. A rare occurrence in modern cricket, Shoaib has also played domestic cricket outside of his home country representing Gloucestershire County Cricket Club (2003–2005) in England.
Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan
- Father – Malik Saleem Hussain
- Mother – Sultana Malik
- Siblings – Sadaf Imran (Sister), Shazia Imran (Sister), Adeel Malik (Younger Brother) (Professional Cricketer)
- Others – Imran Mirza (Father-in-Law) (Sports Journalist), Naseema Mirza (Mother-in-Law), Anam Mirza (Sister-in-Law)
He is represented by –
- Arsalan H. Shah, Business & PR Manager, GAME, Sports Management Agency, Pakistan
- Richard Sydenham, Booking Agent, Big Star Creations, Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom
Right-Arm Off Break
18 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Guyana Amazon Warriors (CPL), Comilla Victorians (BPL), Multan Sultans (PSL), Peshawar Zalmi (PSL)
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shoaib has dated –
- Ayesha Siddiqui (2002–2010)
- Sania Mirza (2010-Present) – Shoaib had started dating Indian tennis superstar Sania Mirza in 2010. After dating for a few months, they got married on April 12, 2010, at the Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad, India. They have a son together named Izhaan Mirza Malik (b. October 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pakistani descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Shoaib Malik Facts
- In March 2010, Shoaib had been handed a one-year ban from international cricket by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on charges of creating infighting within the team but the punishment was overturned 2 months later.
- In July 2018, he had become the first male cricketer to play 100 T20Is. At the end of September 2021, he had also held the record for the most number of T20I matches played by a male cricketer (116).
- At the end of September 2021, with more than 11,000 runs against his name, he was the 3rd-highest run-getter in all T20 cricket (domestic, franchise, and international matches combined) with only Kieron Pollard and Chris Gayle ahead of him.
- A solid middle-order batting all-rounder, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Delhi Daredevils (2008) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); Barbados Tridents (2013–2017) and Guyana Amazon Warriors (2018–2019) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Hobart Hurricanes (2013-14–2014-15) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Comilla Victorians (2015-16–2018-19) and Mirpur Royals (2021) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); and Karachi Kings (2016–2017), Multan Sultans (2018–2019), and Peshawar Zalmi (2020-Present) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League).
Featured Image by Shoaib Malik / Instagram