|Kieron Pollard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1987|
Kieron Pollard is a cricketer from Trinidad and Tobago who achieved a global fan following after playing for franchise cricket teams like Mumbai Indians (2010-Present), Somerset (2010-2011), etc. Additionally, he also became captain of the West Indies team (limited-overs) in 2019. He has more than 500k followers on Twitter, more than 500k followers on Instagram, and more than 10k followers on Facebook.
Kieron Adrian Pollard
Polly, The Big Man
Tacarigua, Trinidad and Tobago
- Mother – Hazelann Pollard
- Siblings – He has 2 younger sisters.
- Others – Hanifa Ali (Mother-in-Law)
Kieron is represented by Insignia Sports.
- 55 – Mumbai Indians
- 55 – West Indies National Team
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kieron Pollard has dated –
- Jenna Ali (2005-Present) – Kieron married his girlfriend Jenna Ali in the Port of Spain on August 25, 2012. Together, they are parents to sons Kaiden Pollard, Kylon Pollard (b. May 29, 2019), and daughter Janiya Pollard (b. August 3, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Towering height and strong built
Kieron has endorsed the following brands –
- Land Rover
- KJ Sports and Accessories
- Real Madrid Foundation
- Atlantic LNG
Kieron Pollard Favorite Things
- Movie – Free Willy (1993)
- Artist – Shaggy
- Non-Cricket Team – Manchester United F.C.
- Holiday Destinations – West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago
- National Cricket Team After West Indies – India
Source – MumbaiIndians.com, YouTube
Kieron Pollard Facts
- In December 2019, he became the 4th West Indies player to score more than 1000 runs in T20I cricket. He was preceded by Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, and Dwayne Bravo.
- Kieron grew up without knowing his father and his mother struggled financially to raise him and his sisters.
- He is close friends with his Mumbai Indians teammates Hardik Pandya and his brother Krunal Pandya.
- In October 2009, Pollard scored an impressive 54 runs off 18 balls during a Champions League Twenty20 match in Hyderabad. His contribution helped Trinidad and Tobago successfully chase 171 runs to clinch victory from New South Wales (currently called NSW Blues) with 9 balls to spare.
- He has played a crucial role in helping Mumbai Indians win the Indian Premier League title in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.
- Kieron and New Zealand player Shane Bond were the joint highest bid players in the 2010 Indian Premier League auctions. Pollard was pursued by 4 teams – Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, and Royal Challengers Bangalore. Mumbai Indians signed him up for a whopping fee of more than $750,000 (approximately 5 crores INR).
- He faced backlash in 2010 after he refused to sign a central contract with the West Indies Cricket Board that would require him to be available for every national team selection and, if necessary, forgo his international T20 commitments.
- As of 2019, Pollard has not played any Test matches.
Featured Image by Kieron Pollard / Instagram