|Katy Tur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1983|
Katy Tur is an American author and journalist known for having reported on popular news platforms like Today, Meet the Press and WNBC-TV. She has released books like Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History. Katy has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Katharine Bear Tur
Los Angeles, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Katy Tur went to the Brentwood School in Los Angeles. After graduating from high school in 2001, she got enrolled at the University of California, Santa Barbara and graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy.
- Father – Hanna Zoey Tur (Journalist) (After being diagnosed with gender identity disorder, he underwent hormone replacement therapy and has become a trans woman)
- Mother – Marika Gerrard
- Siblings – James Tur (Younger Brother)
Katy Tur is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katy Tur has dated –
- Keith Olbermann (2006-2009) – Katy started going out with political commentator and sportscaster Keith Olbermann in 2006. They reportedly dated for about 3 years before pulling curtains on their relationship in 2009.
- Tony Dokoupil – In October 2017, Katy got married to correspondent Tony Dokoupil in a secret and intimate wedding ceremony. They later held a lavish reception for their family and friends. They had first met in the makeup room at MSNBC. Dokoupil was working at MSNBC at that time. On December 13, 2018, they announced that they were expecting their first child together and Katy gave birth to their son, Teddy Dokoupil on April 13, 2019. In January 2021, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Broad Smile
- Prominent Nose
- Green eyes
Best Known For
Having worked as a correspondent and journalist for NBC. She has also reported on numerous NBC news platforms such as Today, Early Today, Meet the Press, NBC Nightly News, and WNBC-TV.
First TV Show
In August 2012, Katy Tur made her first TV show appearance on Today.
Katy Tur Favorite Things
- Go-To Travel App – Airline Apps
- Must-Pack Items – The New Yorker and books
- Must-Have Airport Lounge Amenities – Free drinks and charging stations
- Airline Cabin – First Class or Business cabin
- Most Valuable Airline Perk – Flight Upgrades
- In-Room Dining Indulgence – Fries, Steak, Beer
Source – Travel and Leisure
Katy Tur Facts
- Apart from English, she is also fluent in Spanish.
- In 2017, she was honored with the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism.
- The NBC network made her the embedded reporter for Donald Trump‘s campaign for the 2016 US Presidential Campaign. Her criticism and the negative coverage of Trump’s campaign led to her being booed by his supporters at his rallies. She later penned an article for Marie Claire in which she discussed her experience of covering the Trump campaign and the negative treatment dished out at his rallies.
- In September 2017, she published her book, Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History, in which she once again recounted Trump’s Presidential Campaign.
Featured Image by nrkbeta / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0