|Tomáš Berdych Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1985|
Tomáš Berdych is a Czech former professional tennis player who is best known for reaching the final of the 2010 Wimbledon Championships, winning the Paris Masters in 2005, and reaching the semifinals of the 2010 French Open. He has also participated in a variety of other tournaments such as Australian Open, Davis Cup, Madrid Open, Kingfisher Airlines Tennis Open, Madrid Masters, Monte Carlo Masters, Sony Ericsson Open, BMW Tennis Championship, Brisbane International, and many more.
Valasske Mezirici, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic)
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Martin Berdych (Trained Engineer)
- Mother – Hana Berdychová (Doctor)
Berdych is signed with TK PLUS s.r.o.
6 ft 5¼ in or 196 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tomáš Berdych dated –
- Lucie Safarova (2002-2011) – In 2002, Berdych began dating the popular Czech female tennis player Lucie Safarova. They romanced each other for 9 years until 2011 when they officially parted ways.
- Ester Satorova (2011-Present) – Berdych started a relationship with the Czech model Ester Satorova in 2011. They became engaged in 2014 and married in July 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Towering height
Berdych has signed sponsorship deals with Head, Dunlop Sport, H&M, Nike, and Adidas.
Best Known For
Reaching the finals at the 2010 Wimbledon Championship, eventually losing to Rafael Nadal in straight sets.
He is also known for reaching number 4 on the official ATP World Tour rankings in May 2015.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Berdych was first seen in the adventure TV series Open Access in 2006 as Himself.
Tomáš Berdych has been coached by –
- David Vydra (?-2014)
- Tomáš Krupa (2009-2014)
- Daniel Vallverdu (2014-2016)
- Azuz Simcich
- Goran Ivanisevic
His physiotherapist has been Per Bastholt.
Tomáš Berdych Favorite Things
- Surface – Hard
- Ice Hockey Team – Detroit Red Wings
Source – ATPWorldTour.com, ITFTennis.com
Tomáš Berdych Facts
- Berdych began his tennis journey at the age of 5. He first trained himself at a tennis center in his hometown.
- Tomáš’s biggest strengths are his powerful serve and his forehand shot.
- He really enjoys watching ice hockey.
- Berdych was featured in ESPN The Magazine Body Issue in 2014.
- At the age of 8, he won a title at a tournament for young boys in the Czech Republic’s town Pardubice.
- As a kid, he was coached by Ivan Lendl who used to train Berdych with a tire iron.
- In 2004, Tomáš debuted at French Open and Wimbledon but eventually lost in the first round of both tournaments.
- He represented the Czech Republic at the 2004 Summer Olympics. In the second round of the tournament, Tomáš defeated the then no.1 Swiss player Roger Federer in three sets. He went all the way up to the quarterfinals where he lost to Taylor Dent.