|Arya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1980|
Arya is an Indian actor, former model, and producer. He is best known for his roles in movies such as Arinthum Ariyamalum (2005), Pattiyal (2006), Naan Kadavul (2009), Madrasapattinam (2010), Boss Engira Bhaskaran (2010), Vettai (2012), Raja Rani (2013), Kadamban (2017), and Ghajinikanth (2018).
Arya, Jammy, Rudra, Aryan, Kollywood Playboy
Trikaripur, Kasaragod District, Kerala, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He attended SBOA Matriculation and Higher Secondary School, Chennai in Anna Nagar Western Extension, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
After graduating, he enrolled in Crescent Engineering College in Vandalur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, where he earned an engineering degree.
Actor, Producer, Former Model
- Father – Umar Cethirakath
- Mother – Jameela Cethirakath
- Siblings – Shahir “Sathya” Cethirakath (Younger Brother) (Actor), Razi Cethirakath (Brother)
- Others – Sumeet Saigal (Father-in-Law) (Actor, Producer), Shaheen Banu (Mother-in-Law) (Actress)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arya has dated –
- Anushka Shetty – Rumor
- Nayanthara – Rumor
- Taapsee Pannu – Rumor
- Sayyeshaa (2018-Present) – He met the actress Sayyeshaa at the set of the movie Ghajinikanth (2018) in which they both played lead roles. On February 14, 2019, the couple got engaged and tied the knot on March 10, 2019. The wedding, held at the Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, had actors Suriya Sivakumar and Karthi in attendance.
Race / Ethnicity
- Rugged, masculine looks
- Dimpled chin
Arya has endorsed brands such as Otto (Pothys Clothing).
Arya Favorite Things
- Food – Madras Curry Cup
- Personal Quote – “If you work hard, nothing can stop your rise to the top.”
- He loved being outside growing up, so his mom typically scolded him for getting his uniform dirty.
- He wanted to become an airforce pilot growing up.
- Arya worked as a model in the past. It was actor Srikanth, with whom Arya attended the same college, that suggested he give acting a try.
- He worked as an assistant software/computer engineer when he was approached by a cinematographer Jeeva. He asked him to audition for his movie Ullam Ketkumae (2003).
- During the audition for Jeeva’s movie, Arya kept looking at the lens of the camera instead of his co-star because he had no idea what he was doing. Jeeva ultimately gave him the role and was also responsible for giving him the stage name Arya.
- He had his big break as an actor after he was spotted by director Vishnuvardhan.
- Vishnuvardhan cast him in the movie Arinthum Ariyamalum (2005), for which Arya was awarded Filmfare Best Debut Award South, as well as Filmfare Award for “Best New Male Face.”
- He has no history of actors in the family and didn’t know acting was a profession growing up. His younger brother followed in his footsteps.
- In 2010, Arya started his production house, The Show People. He decided to venture into discovering, nurturing, and promoting up-and-coming actors and fund movies with a smaller budget.
- Arya also made a business venture into film distribution after he bought theatrical rights for Malaysia and Singapore to the movie he produced, Irandaam Ulagam (2013).
- Arya also won a medal for participating in the 300-kilometer-long Vätternrundan Motala cycle race in Sweden. The preparation took 8 months and sparked his passion for cycling as a form of cardio.
- Before he met Sayyeshaa, Arya participated on the reality-TV show, Enga Veetu Mapillai (2018), where he sought a perfect bride among 16 contestants.
- Arya has amassed a fanbase of more than 600k followers on Instagram.
- He is passionate about working out and has considered a career in fitness as an alternative to acting. He also thought about moving to the United States to pursue a master’s degree in engineering.
Featured Image by Arya / Instagram