|Mayanti Langer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1985|
Mayanti Langer is an Indian sports journalist and television personality who is widely recognized for her work with the Star Sports network. She has hosted numerous major sporting events including the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, and the 2019 Indian Premier League. She has also starred in several TV shows such as Star Sports: Match Point (2016-2019) where she performed as the anchor.
New Delhi, India
Sports Journalist, Television Personality
- Father – Lt. Gen. Sanjiv Langer (Former Member of the Armed Forces Tribunal)
- Mother – Preminda Langer
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Stuart Binny (2012-Present) – She married Stuart Binny in 2012. They have a son who was born in September 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Prominent cheekbones
- Shapely lips
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as EatFit, Vivo India, and Ariel India.
Mayanti Langer’s Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Vietnamese
- Holiday Destination – Vietnam
- Stadium – Chinnaswamy in Bangalore
- Commentator – John Dykes
- Cricket Match That She Was A Part Of – The 2015 WC game between India and Pakistan at Adelaide for the sheer goosebump experience of being on the ground and witnessing the whole Indian crowd sing the national anthem in a foreign country
Source – CricFit
Mayanti Langer Facts
- She has recalled that being an army man’s child, she had grown up in a cantonment which had allowed her to do different kinds of activities including cycling with her friends or playing some sports with them. Mayanti used to play football and had also been a part of a few football leagues at the time but she had never imagined that to be anything more than just a hobby. When she was in college, she had helped to run a girls’ football league as during that time, girls’ football was coming up in Delhi and she always craved to be a part of it.
- Early on in her career, she had anchored a FIFA beach football event.
- Mayanti has revealed that she has prepared herself for shows by reading some articles and blogs and going through a few videos. She always has her own notes even though at times she may not have even referred to them. She has also found the stats and other information that is provided to her by the team running the program to have been of great help. There have been times when she had suddenly remembered a random stat or an incident and it has just come out when she has been hosting.
- Mayanti has affirmed to have been grateful and proud to have been able to host many World Cups and that too, across different sports. She has looked at herself as a sports presenter rather than only a cricket compere. She has recounted to have even enjoyed covering the Olympics that had been very challenging as it was a long 8-hour stint.
- Mayanti has considered herself to be a well-balanced individual.
- Mayanti has disclosed that the one superpower she would love to possess would be invisibility.
Featured Image by Mayanti Langer / Instagram