|Jason Alexander Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1959|
|Spouse||Daena E. Title|
Jason Alexander is an American actor, comedian, director, and TV host who is best known for playing George Costanza in the globally popular sitcom Seinfeld (1989–1998).
Jay Scott Greenspan
Jason Alexander, Pretzel Boy
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jason had graduated, in 1977, from the Livingston High School in New Jersey. He had then attended Boston University but had dropped out the summer before his senior year. He was awarded an honorary degree by the institution in 1995.
Actor, Comedian, Director, TV Host
- Father – Alexander B. Greenspan (Accounting Manager)
- Mother – Ruth Minnie Greenspan (née Simon) (Nurse, Healthcare Administrator)
- Others – Michael Greenspan (Half-Brother), Karen Van Horne (Half-Sister), Jacob Greenspan (Paternal Grandfather), Sarah Blum (Paternal Grandmother), Sam Simon (Maternal Grandfather), Stacy Title (Cousin-in-Law) (Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter) (d. January 11, 2021)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason has dated –
- Daena E. Title (1982-Present) – Jason got married to actress Daena E. Title on May 31, 1982, and they have 2 sons together named Gabriel Alexander (b. August 1991) and Noah Alexander (b. February 1996).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Stocky frame
- Receding hairline
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Affable smile
- Puffy face
Jason has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Hershey’s Kisses (1979)
- Dr Pepper (1980s)
- Good N Plenty candy (1980s)
- Canada Dry ginger ale (1983)
- Lipton onion soup mix (1984)
- McDonald’s (new McDLT) (1985)
- Western Union (1988, 2003)
- Mercedes-Benz (1990s)
- Rold Gold pretzels (1995)
- Intel Pentium MMX (videophone) (1997)
- Connectiv (1999)
- VISA check card (1999)
- DirecTV (2001)
- KFC (2001, 2002)
- Chrysler Corp. (2005)
- Jenny Craig‘s weight-loss system (2010)
- The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind (Public Service Announcement) (2011)
- Ford Motor Co. warranty service (2015)
- Miller Lite beer
- John Deere
- Delta Gold potato chips
- Pabst Blue Ribbon beer
- Levi’s 501 jeans
- Sony Watchman TV
Jason Alexander Facts
- He had taken the 2nd part of his stage name, Alexander, from his father’s first name. However, he had mentioned in an interview that this had also helped him in several auditions as call-backs were often done in alphabetical order.
- For his portrayal of the character of George Costanza in the sitcom Seinfeld, he was nominated for 7 successive Primetime Emmy Awards and 4 Golden Globe Awards. Incredibly, he did not win any of those and remained as the only one of the 4 main actors of the sitcom (Michael Richards, Jerry Seinfeld, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus) not to win an Emmy Award for the show.
- He has served as the national spokesman for the Scleroderma Foundation, an organization that aims to raise awareness about the autoimmune disease and help provide support to those affected by it.
- In the latter years of his career, he has participated in numerous poker tournaments. He had won the final table of the 8th season of the TV game show Celebrity Poker Showdown and had donated his prize money of USD 500k for a charity named The United Way of America. In the 2009 World Series of Poker, he had made it to the 3rd day of the event and had finished in the top 30% of the field.
Featured Image by Jason Alexander / Instagram