|Shamna Kkasim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shamna Kkasim is an Indian actor, professional dancer, and model who has predominantly worked in the South Indian film industry. She has been cast in various movies like Manju Poloru Penkutty, Drogi, Bhargavacharitham Moonam Khandam, Hridayathil Sookshikkan, 9 KK Road, December, Makaramanju, Avunu, Junior Senior, Pachakuthira, Ennittum, Kandhakottai, Aadu Puli, Sri Mahalakshmi, Ali Bhai, College Kumaran, Josh, Vellore Maavattam, Flash, Radhan Ganda, Jayammu Nischayammu Raa, Thagaraaru, Muniyandi Vilangial Moonramandu, Kodaikanal, Oru Kuttanadan Blog, Seema Tapakai, Chattakaari, Aaru Sundarimaarude Katha, Jannal Oram, Laddu Babu, Nuvvala Nenila, Mama Manchu Alludu Kanchu, Avunu 2, Evanukku Engeyo Matcham Irukku, Madhura Raja, Thalaivi, Marconi Mathai, and Adanga Maru.
Thayyil, Kannur, Kerala, India
Kochi, Kerala, India
Shamna Kkasim studied at Ursuline Senior Secondary School and at St. Teresa’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, both located in Kannur. Then, she finished her Bachelor of Arts in English by correspondence
Actor, Professional Dancer, Model
- Father – Kassim (Local Fisherman)
- Mother – Ramla Beevi (Housewife)
- Siblings – Sheriffa (Older Sister), Shanavas (Older Brother), Shaina (Older Sister), Arifa (Older Sister)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Charming appearance
- Pouty lips
Shamna Kkasim has done endorsement work for brands like Kenneth Cole India and Deyga Organics.
Shamna Kkasim Facts
- She is the youngest of 5 siblings.
- Her career started as a classical dancer and she eventually established herself in the entertainment industry, following her participation in the Amrita TV reality-based dance competition show Super Dancer.
- Shamna Kkasim made her first film appearance as Dhanya in the 2004 Malayalam-language thriller film Manjupoloru Penkutti.
- In 2007, she made her Telugu film debut by playing the character named Sri Mahalakshmi in the suspense thriller film Sri Mahalakshmi, a remake of the 2006 Malayalam film Chinthamani Kolacase.
- In an interview with John Brittas, Shamna Kkasim credited Mohanlal as her godfather in Malayalam movies at the early stages of her career.
- The Hindu has labeled her as “the ghost queen of Telugu films” because she has often played the role of ghosts in different films.
- She appeared as Bommali in the 2015 Telugu-language horror comedy film Raju Gari Gadhi.
- After her mother lodged a complaint, police arrested members of a gang in June 2020 who allegedly blackmailed Shamna Kkasim. It was later revealed that the gang members locked female filmstars in hotels rooms and forced them to accompany as escorts for transporting black money.
- Shamna Kkasim portrayed the character of V. K. Sasikala, a close aide of J. Jayalalithaa, in the 2021 biographical drama film Thalaivii, based on the life of Indian actor-politician J. Jayalalithaa.
- In 2021, she played Lakshmi, Krishna’s wife, in the Tamil-language anthology streaming television series Navarasa.
- She has also been a part of television projects like Ente Priya Ganangal, Super Jody, Udan Panam, Dhee Champions, Sabarimala Swami Ayyapan, Kannamoochi, and others.
Featured Image by PoornaTeam / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0