|Julia Louis-Dreyfus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1961|
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is an American actress, comedian, singer, and producer who is one of the most distinguished actresses in American television history and has received at least 11 Emmy Awards, 8 for acting and three for producing. as well as a Golden Globe Award, 9 Screen Actors Guild Awards, 5 American Comedy Awards, and 2 Critics’ Choice Television Awards. She was honored with the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, presented by the Kennedy Center as America’s highest comedy honor, in the year 2018. She is known for having been cast in a variety of projects which include The New Adventures of Old Christine, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Inside Amy Schumer, Saturday Night Live, Seinfeld, The Single Guy, Jack the Bear, Geppetto, A Bug’s Life, Animal Farm, Day by Day, Arrested Development, The Simpsons, Hannah and Her Sisters, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Enough Said, and Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist.
Julia Scarlett Elizabeth Louis-Dreyfus
New York City, New York, United States
Julia Louis-Dreyfus went to the Holton-Arms School in Bethesda and graduated in 1979. She then got enrolled at the Northwestern University in Evanston to study theater but, decided to drop out before graduating to take a real acting job.
Actress, comedian, singer, producer
- Father – Gérard Louis-Dreyfus (Businessman)
- Mother – Judith LeFever Bowles (Author and special needs teacher)
- Siblings – Emma Louis-Dreyfus (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Social Worker), Phoebe Louis-Dreyfus (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Social Worker), Lauren Bowles (Younger Maternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Raphael Louis-Dreyfus (Younger Paternal Half-Sister)
- Others – Thompson Bowles (Stepfather) (Dean of the George Washington University Medical School), Pierre Louis-Dreyfus (Paternal Grandfather) (Businessman and former president of the Louis Dreyfus Group), Dolores Neubauer (Paternal Grandmother), Harry Everett LeFever (Maternal Grandfather), Grace E. Riggs (Maternal Grandmother)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus jas been represented by ID Public Relations, Public Relations Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Louis-Dreyfus has dated –
- Brad Hall (1987-Present) – Julia Louis-Dreyfus met her husband Brad Hall while they were studying at Northwestern University. She had auditioned for Hall’s theater production at the university in the early 1980s. They then worked together on the Saturday Night Live comedy show. They formalized their relationship in 1987 by getting married. In 1992, she gave birth to a son, Henry. In 1997, they welcomed another son, Charles in their family. In April 2023, during an interview, Julia revealed that she and Brad suffered a pregnancy loss in 1989.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her paternal grandfather’s side. She also has Mexican, German, French, English, Scots-Irish / Northern Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
- Goofy behavior
- Broad smile
- Has frequently played feisty characters
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus has done TV commercials for –
- Old Navy
- Google Chromecast
- Clairol Nice-N-Easy
- “Smith’s Crisp” potato chips
- Commerce Bank
- Healthy Choice frozen foods
Best Known For
- Being cast as Elaine Benes in the NBC series Seinfeld, a role for which she won the American Comedy Award for “Funniest Supporting Female Performer in a TV Series”, Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries, or Television Film”, and Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series”
- Playing the lead role in the CBC television sitcom, The New Adventures of Old Christine.
In 1986, Julia made her first film appearance in the dark comedy movie, Troll for her role as Jeanette Cooper.
First TV Show
From 1982 to 1985, Julia was seen playing various characters in the comedy show, Saturday Night Live.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus credits her age-defying figure to her regular workouts. She ideally targets working out 5 days a week. However, due to her tight schedule, she usually falls short of this target. But, she makes sure that the gap between workouts isn’t too much.
She likes to mix up her exercise sessions. She has signed up for spin cycling classes, treadmill workouts that also use BOSU ball, and any other activity that gets her heart rate up.
She heads out to state parks in her area a few times a week for hiking sessions that last about 1 to 2 hours. These nature-walks help her unwind and relax along with providing a good low-impact cardio workout.
When it comes to diet, Julia is a huge fan of salads. She makes sure that she has at least one salad daily. She also eats organic green vegetables bought specially from the local farmers’ market. However, she likes to indulge in her sweet tooth once in a while and has a chocolate drawer in her desk.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus Favorite Things
- Salad – Arugula with Parmigiano-Reggiano and fresh lemon juice and olive oil or with sesame-ginger vinaigrette
- Food Vice – Bacon
- Happy Food – Dark Chocolate
- Happy Song – I Got You (I Feel Good) by James Brown
- Happy Movies – The Wizard of Oz (1939), A Room with a View (1985), Life Is Beautiful (1997), Monty Python, the Holy Grail (1975)
Source – Shape.com, Health.com
Julia Louis-Dreyfus Facts
- In 2014, she became the first comedic actress to garner the 14th Emmy Award nomination in supporting as well as leading categories in Emmy history.
- In 2016, Time magazine named her as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World in their annual Time 100 list.
- In 1998, People magazine inducted her into the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” list.
- In May 2010, she got her star on the prestigious Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6250 Hollywood Boulevard.
- She holds the distinction of being the first actress to have won an Emmy Award for her work in three comedy series – Seinfeld, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and Veep.
- In 2006, Forbes magazine included her in the “10 Hottest Billionaire Heiresses” list.
- Julia has campaigned for various environmental causes and has worked with environmental organizations such as Heal the Bay, the Natural Resources Defense Council, and the Trust for Public Land.
- She has got her second house in Montecito constructed from recycled materials. It is also solar-powered and uses radiant heat in the winters.
- In 2007, Julia’s alma mater Northwestern University awarded her an honorary Doctor of Arts degree for her professional success.
- For her tremendous achievements in the TV medium, she was honored in 2014 with her nomination to the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
- In September 2017, it was revealed that Julia had been diagnosed with breast cancer. In October 2018, during an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Julia revealed that she was cancer-free.
- She hosted the 4th night of the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
- She provided vocals to the character of Laurel Lightfoot, the widowed mother of Ian and Barley, in the 2020 computer-animated urban fantasy-adventure film, Onward, which follows two elf brothers who set out on a quest to find an artifact that will temporarily bring back their dead father.
- During the 2022 Los Angeles mayoral election, she endorsed Representative Karen Bass.