|Taylor Kitsch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1981|
Taylor Kitsch is a Canadian actor, model, voice actor, producer, and director who is known for having been cast in a variety of television roles like playing Tim Riggins in the sports drama series Friday Night Lights, Paul Woodrugh in the HBO anthology crime drama series True Detective, David Koresh in the crime drama miniseries Waco, Max McLaughlin in the historical thriller drama miniseries The Defeated, and Ben Edwards in the action thriller series The Terminal List. In addition to that, his film credits include X-Men Origins: Wolverine, John Carter, Lone Survivor, American Assassin, John Tucker Must Die, The Bang Bang Club, Battleship, Snakes on a Plane, The Grand Seduction, The Covenant, 21 Bridges, Bling, Gospel Hill, Savages, The Normal Heart, and Only the Brave.
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Taylor Kitsch went to the Gleneagle Secondary School in Coquitlam. He has also studied at the University of Lethbridge, where he took a one-year-long nutrition and finance course.
Actor, Model, Voice Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – Drew Kitsch (Construction)
- Mother – Susan Kitsch (Worked at BC Liquor Board)
- Siblings – Brody Kitsch (Older Brother), Daman Kitsch (Older Brother). He also has two younger maternal half-sisters.
- Others – Rudolf/Rudolph Kitsch (Paternal Grandfather), Patricia Margaret Paisley (Paternal Grandmother), Ken Green (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie Green (Maternal Grandmother)
Taylor Kitsch has been represented by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
His net worth has been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taylor Kitsch has dated –
- Laura Csortan – He was romantically involved with Australian model and television presenter Laura Csortan in the past.
- Jessica White (2006-2007) – Taylor started dating model Jessica White in 2006. They had reportedly hooked up after starring in a steamy calendar photoshoot. But, the duo broke up by the start of 2007.
- Minka Kelly (2007) – Taylor was RUMORed to be going out with actress Minka Kelly in March 2007. They had become affectionate of each other’s company while shooting for the TV series, Friday Night Lights.
- Jennifer Welch (2014-2015) – Taylor made his relationship with fitness instructor Jennifer Welch public in November 2014 at the 6th Annual African Children’s Choir Changemakers Gala. However, they had been going out for months as they were also pictured together during an ice hockey game in April. Their relationship fizzled out by the start of 2015.
- Rachel McAdams (2015) – The RUMORs of Kitsch dating actress Rachel McAdams started swirling around in June 2015 after they were spotted out on a couple of dates in Los Angeles. They had grown close to each other while working on the sets of True Detective. They had been friends for a few months before they decided to take their relationship to the next level.
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor Kitsch is of German, English, and Scottish descent.
- Green eyes
- Athletic physique
During his early modeling days, he starred in print campaigns for clothing giants Diesel and Abercrombie & Fitch.
He has also appeared in TV commercials for –
- Official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Best Known For
- Being cast as Tim Riggins in the sports drama series, Friday Night Lights from 2006 to 2011
- Playing the role of Paul Woodrugh in the crime drama TV series, True Detective
In 2006, Taylor made his first film appearance in the romantic comedy movie, John Tucker Must Die.
First TV Show
In 2006, Taylor made his TV show debut in the “Flipping Switches” episode of the Canadian comedy series, Godiva’s.
Taylor regularly hits the gym to keep his swoon-worthy physique in the best shape. However, he doesn’t have a fixed workout routine and keeps on changing it according to his work schedule and the need of his acting roles. For his role in Savages, he decided to go for a Navy SEAL-style workout, which involved lots of running and endless sets of bodyweight exercises.
In case, he is busy with work, he fits in small workouts in the morning. He keeps these sessions high-intensity with a focus on going for lifting exercises in circuit-style training, which means no rest in between exercises. He also swaps some of the lifting exercises with bodyweight exercises in case he feels the need to get more cardio.
He is also a big fan of boxing and has been indulging in boxing workout sessions since 2006 when he was introduced to it by Peter Berg while directing Taylor in Friday Night Lights. He often tries to find time for boxing sessions at TSB-44, where he is trained by David Paul. Paul uses free weight as well as body weight in his typical one and half hours of workouts to deliver a grueling routine.
Taylor Kitsch Favorite Things
- Movies – State of Grace (1990), Dead Man Walking (1995), Hurlyburly (1998)
- Actor – Sean Penn
- Book – The Idiot (By Fyodor Dostoevsky)
Source – IMDb.com
Taylor Kitsch Facts
- In his early struggling days as a model, he used to work as a personal trainer for meager financial assistance. He was also homeless for a brief period and used to sleep on subway trains at night.
- He started playing ice hockey at the age of 3 and even used to play for Langley Hornets in British Columbia Hockey League, which is a junior ice hockey competition.
- His aspirations of becoming an ice hockey player went up in smoke after he suffered a career-ending knee injury.
- Just after his hockey career came to an end, he was discovered by a modeling agency in Vancouver. By 2002, he had signed up with the IMG modeling agency and had moved to New York City.
- In his school days, he had a reputation for being funny and was voted the funniest in his high school class. He was also active in school drama.
- He was turned down after the first audition for the role of Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Apparently, he fumbled his lines as he was too tired.
- Taylor was so confident about bagging the Gambit role that he asked his manager to arrange a second audition and eventually got the role.
- In 2009, the famous Rolling Stone magazine included him on the Hot 100 List.
- He had a slightly difficult childhood as he was raised by a single mother in a trailer park. However, he is not ashamed of his roots and is proud of having been white trash.
- When he first auditioned for Friday Night Lights, he was asked to do reading for the role of quarterback Jason Street. However, the producers later decided to cast him as Riggins.
- In 2008, he took part in a celebrity ice hockey game to raise funds and spread awareness about the children’s charity, Echoes of Hope.
- Alongside Ryan Phillippe, Malin Åkerman, and others, he co-starred portraying the character of Kevin Carter (a South African photojournalist and member of the Bang-Bang Club) in the 2010 Canadian-South African biographical drama film The Bang Bang Club. For this role, Taylor Kitsch was nominated for a Genie Award in the “Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role” category in 2012.
- He brought to life the character of Ray Jackson in the 2019 action thriller film 21 Bridges. His co-stars for the project included Chadwick Boseman, Sienna Miller, Stephan James, Keith David, and J. K. Simmons.
- In 2022, Taylor Kitsch started appearing as Ben Edwards in the action thriller television series The Terminal List.