|Stephan James Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Stephan James is a Canadian actor who is best known for his appearance in several films such as Home Again (2012) and Across The Line (2015). However, he gained fame after playing the role of the greatest athlete of all time, Jesse Owens in the film Race in 2016. He has also portrayed important roles in popular TV shows like Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
He divides his time between Toronto (Canada) and Los Angeles (United States).
In 2009, Stephan completed his studies at the Jarvis Collegiate Institute in Toronto.
- Siblings – Shamier Anderson (Older Brother) (Actor)
Stephan is represented by Norbert Abrams, Innovative Artists, and Atlas Artists.
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-Jamaican ancestry.
- Crooked smiled
- Tall height
Stephan has done endorsement work for several brands including Nike.
Best Known For
His impersonation in the biopic of Jesse Owens in Stephen Hopkins’s Race in 2016, for which he won a Canadian Screen Award for “Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role”
Stephan made his theatrical film debut as Everton St. Clair in the movie Home Again in 2013.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Julian Williams in the romantic drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation in 2010.
Stephan does go to the gym and focuses on building a lean and defined physique.
On one occasion, he had to train himself to be able to run like professional Olympian Jesse Owens which took a rigorous amount of training. He was training under the guidance of track-and-field coach at the Georgia Institute of Technology Nat Page.
In order to meet up to requirements, James used to do a 30-45 minute run on a daily basis combined with 10 laps. Apart from his rigorous training, he also had to impersonate Jesse Owens idiosyncratic upright gait which made things much more difficult.
Stephan James Favorite Things
- Inspirational Film – Coach Carter (2005)
- Sports Movies As A Child – Coach Carter (2005), Gridiron Gang (2006), When the Game Stands Tall (2014)
- Artists – Justin Bieber, Drake
- Actors – Leo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy
Source – Collider, Chicago Tribune
Stephan James Facts
- James enjoyed playing basketball and volleyball in high school.
- Basketball star Kobe Bryant is his biggest influence.
- He hones his inspiration in acting from actors such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Idris Elba.
- Acting has been a part of his passion since his childhood.
- Stephan is a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio and enjoyed watching Alejandro González Iñárritu‘s The Revenant (2015).
- He has impersonated several highly regarded people such as Congressman John Lewis in Selma (2014) and professional Olympian Jesse Owens in Race (2016).
- In 2016, he was given a special edition NBA jersey with the number 733 by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Stephan James / Instagram