|Chadwick Boseman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chadwick Boseman was an American actor and producer who gained global critical acclaim for his portrayal of King T’Challa/Black Panther, the king and protector of the fictional African nation of Wakanda, in the MCU superhero film, Black Panther. Even after being diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016 and struggling privately with the disease, he delivered some leading performances including Thurgood Marshall in Marshall, Norman Earl “Stormin’ Norm” Holloway in Da 5 Bloods, and Andre Davis in 21 Bridges.
Chadwick Aaron Boseman
Chadwick was born on November 29, 1976.
Chadwick died on August 28, 2020, at the age of 43 in Los Angeles, California, U.S. due to colon cancer. He was diagnosed with cancer in 2016.
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chadwick went to T. L. Hanna High School, Anderson, South Carolina, and graduated in 1995. In 2000, he joined Howard University, Washington, DC, for a degree in bachelor of fine arts in Directing.
Later, Chadwick and some classmates got the opportunity to join the Oxford Mid-Summer Program of the British American Drama Academy in London. He also graduated from New York City’s Digital Film Academy.
Actor, Director, Writer
- Father – Leroy Boseman (Worked in a Textile Factory)
- Mother – Carolyn Boseman (Nurse)
- Siblings – Derrick Boseman (Older Brother) (Preacher in Tennessee), Kevin Boseman (Middle Brother) (Dancer, Singer)
Chadwick Boseman was managed by –
- Michael Greene, Talent Agent, Greene & Associates Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Chris Huvane, Manager, Management 360, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Nicki Fioravante, Publicist, Viewpoint, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Julian Zajfen, Legal Representatives, Ziffren Brittenham, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chadwick Boseman had dated –
- Taylor Simone Ledward (2015-2020) – He started going out with vocalist Taylor Simone Ledward in 2015 and eventually the duo got engaged in 2019. Later, they married secretly and stayed together until his untimely death in 2020.
- Regina Hall (2018) – It was rumored that he was dating actress and comedienne, Regina Hall, in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He had African American ancestry. He was of West African descent such as the Limba and Mende people of Sierra Leone, Yoruba of Nigeria, and Jola people of Guinea-Bissau.
- Curly short hair
- He had a beard that was thicker below the chin.
- Toned body
- Big eyes with an intense facial expression
Chadwick Boseman has appeared in Lexus LS 500 Super Bowl 2018 NFL commercial.
He had a religious upbringing. He was once a member of the church choir and youth group. Chad admitted that he had prayed for the role of Black Panther much before being cast as the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Best Known For
- Being a charismatic actor and popularizing the characters of Jackie Robinson in 42 (2013), James Brown in Get on Up (2014), Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (since 2016), Thurgood Marshall in Marshall (2017), Vontae Mack in Draft Day (2014), and Jacob King in Message from the King (2016).
- His memorable roles in the television series such as Nathaniel Ray in Lincoln Heights (2008) and Graham McNair in Persons Unknown (2010).
- Writing and directing two short movies, Heaven and Blood Over a Broken Pawn.
In 2008, he made his first theatrical film appearance in a small role as Floyd Little in the biographical drama The Express.
First TV Show
In 2003, he made his television show debut in the decades-old drama TV series All My Children.
Chadwick Boseman had mostly enjoyed a physically fit body with a lean body structure. Chadwick either worked out by himself at the gym or got a professional trainer for special roles.
Usually, the work out began with warm-ups that involved a full-body stretch, jogging, pull-ups, air squats, and pushups. Chadwick concentrated on his core muscles doing basic training on weights.
As for his diet, he maintained a healthy diet during workouts. While on training, he preferred lean meats, healthy fats, whole grains and oats, fruits and veggies, and low-fat dairy products. Chad was persistent in maintaining a constant look.
Chadwick Boseman Favorite Things
- Meal – Thai food
Source – YouTube
Chadwick Boseman Facts
- Initially, Chad began his career in Brooklyn and later moved to Los Angeles to focus on his acting career.
- His teacher Phylicia Rashad, who taught the acting class, was his mentor.
- He worked as the drama instructor in the Schomburg Junior Scholars Program, housed at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem, New York.
- He was given a baby powder to get into his Black Panther suit.
- Chad was nominated for Joseph Jefferson Award for New Work in 2006, for his script “Deep Azure”. The play was performed at the Congo Square Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- He wrote a play in junior school titled Crossroads, commemorating his classmate who was shot and killed.
- He has had 115 cousins.
- With regard to Black Panther, he once said, “You might say that this African nation is fantasy. But to have the opportunity to pull from real ideas, real places, and real African concepts, and put it inside of this idea of Wakanda – that’s a great opportunity to develop what a sense of identity is, especially when you’re disconnected from it.”.
- In his last tweet, he congratulated U.S. Senator Kamala Harris on her nomination as the Democratic vice presidential nominee.
- As his family announced the legend’s passing away via a tweet, that tweet became the most-liked tweet ever with more than 6 million likes in under 24 hours.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sachyn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0