|Alexandra Burke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1988|
Alexandra Burke is a British singer, songwriter, model, dancer, actor, and stage artist who rose to fame as she won the 5th series of the British television series The X Factor in 2008. She then released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Overcome, The Truth Is, Christmas Gift, Heartbreak on Hold, Where Do Hearts Go, Let It Go, All Night Long (ft. Pitbull), Bad Boys (ft. Flo Rida), Elephant (ft. Erick Morillo), The Silence, Broken Heels, Start Without You (ft. Laza Morgan), and Silent Night. Burke has also been a part of shows like So You Think You Can Dance, Loose Women, Strictly Come Dancing, First Dates, and Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Alexandra Imelda Cecelia Ewen Burke
Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
Alexandra attended Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School in Islington, Angel. As soon as she received her GCSEs, she left the school to focus on her music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Model, Dancer, Actor, Stage Artist
- Father – David Burke
- Mother – Melissa Bell (Soul and R&B Singer)
- Siblings – Sheneice (Sister), David (Brother), Aaron (Brother)
As a model, she was signed to Select Model Management and Modest Management.
For her singing career, she signed a deal with US manager/ former Def Jam CEO Kevin Liles.
She has also been signed with Gavin Barker Associates, Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
R&B, pop, dance-pop, soul synthpop, EDM
RCA Records, Syco Music, Epic Records, Decca Records
Her net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra Burke has dated –
- Nick Sagar – She was previously linked with actor Nick Sagar.
- Jermain Defoe (2012) – English professional footballer Jermain Defoe dated the singer in 2012.
- Dominique Jean-Zéphirin (2012-2013) – In 2012, she started going out with football player Dominique Jean-Zéphirin but the duo separated the following year.
- Josh Ginnelly (2016-2019) – She began dating stage manager Josh Ginnelly in 2016 and they got engaged in January 2018. However, the relationship ended in June 2019.
- Angus MacDonald (2019-2020) – Soon after separating from Josh, she became romantically involved with Rotherham United defender Angus MacDonald in July 2019. They were seen together during their date at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. By August 2019, he had been diagnosed with bowel cancer and Burke remained supportive of her partner. Angus eventually recovered from the illness. On October 21, 2020, they announced their separation.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black, Asian, and White)
Alexandra is of African, Dougla, Indian, Irish, and Jamaican descent.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Broad lips
35-26-37 in or 89-66-94 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) (via eBay)
Dolce & Gabbana for UK and Ireland, Nintendo DS, Sure Women Deodorant, Funkin’ Cocktails (September 2013)
She launched her own lip gloss “Lip Boom” with the help of MUA Cosmetics in March 2012.
In 2013, she became the face of Mune Energy Drinks.
Best Known For
Winning the fifth season of UK’s The X Factor in 2008.
Alexandra released her debut studio album Overcome on October 19, 2009, on Syco music. Almost 49 minutes long album was certified as 2x Platinum in the UK as well as Ireland. The album peaked at number 1 in UK and Scotland.
First TV Show
She first appeared in a television show as a contestant in the reality TV show Star for a Night in 2001.
She works out. Alex gained some weight back in 2011, but it seems she made some changes in her lifestyle and eating habits and returned back to amazing shape. Alexandra has posted her workout pics on Instagram, spending time in the gym on the machines. She has got abs, which you can grate cheese on, and thighs that can break even walnuts.
It is believed that she eats nine small meals a day and does kettlebell workouts for cardio and resistance. Alex performs dips and squats also.
Alexandra Burke Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- City – Manchester, England
- Shoes – Christian Louboutin
Source – Metro.co.uk
Alexandra Burke Facts
- Whitney Houston and Beyoncé Knowles are Burke’s biggest musical influences.
- She was the first-ever brand ambassador for Sure Women deodorant.
- After Leona Lewis, Burke has become the second woman to win The X Factor in 2008.
- Burke’s parents separated in 1992. But, in order to raise their 4 children properly, they remained good friends.
- She commenced singing and dance classes when she was five years old.
- Alexandra and Cheryl Cole are good friends. Cheryl was her X Factor mentor and so, they became good friends.
- She first auditioned for The X Factor in its second series in 2005.
- As a stage artist, she has been a part of productions like The Bodyguard Musical, Sister Act The Musical, Chicago, and Chess.