Alexandra Imelda Cecelia Ewen Burke
Islington, London, England
Alexandra attended Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School in Islington, Angel. As soon as she received her GCSEs, she left the school to focus on her music career.
Singer, songwriter, model, dancer
- Mother – Melissa Bell (Soul and R&B Singer)
- Siblings – Sheneice (Sister), David (Brother), Aaron (Brother)
As a model, she was signed to Select Model Management and Modest Management.
For her singing career, she signed a deal with US manager/ former Def Jam CEO Kevin Liles.
R&B, pop, dance-pop, soul synthpop
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra Burke dated –
- Jermain Defoe (2012-Present) – English footballer, Jermain Defoe is dating the singer since 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Alexandra is of African, Dougla, Irish, and Jamaican descent.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Broad lips
35-26-37 in or 89-66-94 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) (via eBay)
Dolce & Gabbana for UK and Ireland, Nintendo DS, Sure Women Deodorant, Funkin’ Cocktails (September 2013)
She launched her own lip gloss “Lip Boom” with the help of MUA Cosmetics in March 2012.
In 2013, she became the face of Mune Energy Drinks.
Best Known For
Winning the fifth season of UK’s The X Factor in 2008.
Alexandra released her debut studio album Overcome on October 19, 2009 on Syco music. Almost 49 minutes long album was certified as 2x Platinum in UK as well as Ireland. The album peaked at number 1 in UK and Scotland.
First TV Show
She first appeared in a television show as a contestant in reality TV show Star for a Night in 2001.
She works out. Alex gained some weight back in 2011, but it seems she made some changes in her lifestyle and eating habits and returned back to amazing shape. Alexandra has posted her workout pics on Instagram, spending time in the gym on the machines. She has got abs, which you can grate cheese on and the thighs, which can break even walnuts.
It is believed that she eats nine small meals a day and does kettlebell workouts for cardio and resistance. Alex performs dips and squats also.
Alexandra Burke Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- City – Manchester, England
- Shoes – Christian Louboutin
Source – Metro.co.uk
Alexandra Burke Facts
- Whitney Houston and Beyoncé Knowles are Burke’s biggest musical influences.
- She was the first ever brand ambassador for Sure Women deodorant.
- After Leona Lewis, Burke has become the second woman to win The X Factor in 2008.
- Burke’s parents separated in 1992. But, in order to raise their 4 children properly, they remained good friends.
- She commenced singing and dance classes when she was five years old.
- Alexandra and Cheryl Cole are good friends. Cheryl was her X Factor mentor and so, they became good friends.
- She first auditioned for The X Factor in its second series in 2005.