|El Cata Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
El Cata is a Dominican singer and songwriter who began to make his mark in the music industry in 1999. Some of his most-heard tracks to date are Loca Con Su Tiguere, Pa’ la Esquinita, and El Que Brilla Brilla.
Edward E. Bello Pou
El Cata, El Tigre, El Malo, El Patrón, El Padrino
El Cata was born on c. December 5, 1985
Barahona, Dominican Republic
El Cata attended Miami Beach Senior High School. Later, he went on to study at the Bronx Community College where Cata pursued a degree in music.
- Mother – Maria Luisa Pou Betances
- Siblings – El Cata has 4 sisters.
Latin Music, Merengue
El Cata has released his music with various labels including Independent-Los Dueños Del Negocio, Live Music, Rincón Musical, and Planet.
6 ft or 183 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- He sports a thick full beard.
El Cata Facts
- He was brought up in Barahona, Dominican Republic.
- El Cata was just 5 years old when he and his family immigrated from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico. A year later, he moved to Miami, Florida from where he completed high school. Following that, Cata’s family relocated to New York.
- He developed an interest in writing and composing songs while in school.
- The earliest post that El Cata uploaded to his Instagram account was on February 28, 2018.
- While residing in New York, Cata took up various jobs including working at a furniture store, the medicare department for the state, and for HSBC, and City bank too.
- 20 years after moving to the United States, he shifted back to the Dominican Republic to make music professionally.
- Though Cata released his first album in 1999, it has not been announced as an official release as it is not publicly available anymore.
- Officially, he released his debut studio album titled El Mato on October 20, 2009. From there, Cata went on to release various other albums including El Representante Del Género and El Tigre/Chillin-Singles by Singles.
Featured Image By El Cata / Instagram