|Janette Manrara Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1983|
Janette Manrara is a professional American dancer and choreographer who is best known for her impressive performances on So You Think You Can Dance and Strictly Come Dancing. Besides that, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Miami, Florida, United States
She divides her time, between London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Janette attended Florida International University where she was studying Finance.
Also, she attended dance classes in the past.
- Father – Luis Manrara
- Mother – Maritza Manrara
- Siblings – Lesly Manrara (Sister), Alejandro Manrara (Brother)
- Others – Zala Ljubic (Niece)
Janette is represented by Curtis Brown, Ltd and MiLK Management in the United Kingdom.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janette Manrara has dated –
- Aljaž Škorjanec (2011-Present) – She married her longtime boyfriend Aljaž Škorjanec who is a Slovenian dancer and choreographer on July 15, 2017. They had early gotten engaged in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Cuban ancestry.
- Lean physique
- Wide smile
- Thick eyebrows
Janette Manrara Favorite Things
- Dance Style To Perform – Rumba
- Film – Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)
- Cuisine – Cuban
Source – BBC One
Janette Manrara Facts
- She brought up in Miami alongside her brother Alejandro and sister Lesly.
- Janette was 12 years old when she started taking part in musical theatre.
- Being raised in a Cuban family, she picked up the art of Salsa. However, at the age of 19, she went on to attain formal training in dance. Also, she continued to do so even after graduating.
- While attending dance school, Janette trained in various dance forms that included ballroom, ballet, pointe, jazz, and hip-hop.
- Despite having studied dance since the age of 19, Janette did not pursue a professional career in it and instead had worked at a bank for 7 years after completing her degree in finance.
- During season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance, she was called out as a favorite contestant of judges Mia Michaels and Nigel Lythgoe. She previously auditioned on the show previously but did not make it into the top 20 category.
- Her performance with contemporary dancer Brandon Bryant on Season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance is said to be the first dance to get a standing ovation by the judges. She was 24 years old when she made it into the top 8 finalists list.
- She is very fond of her niece Zala and uploads a lot of pictures with her to Instagram.
- Janette enjoys mixing up her favorite dance form, rumba with contemporary and the quickstep.
- She is a principal dancer on the hit show Glee in the past.
- Janette performed at the 82nd Academy Awards with actress Jennifer Lopez.
- If she could have a superpower of her choice, it would be the power to become invisible, so that she can secretly know what’s happening behind her back.
- She is very fond of interior design.
- In her free time, Janette enjoys visiting Ikea.
Featured Image By Janette Manrara / Instagram